The UOB Personal Loan offers instant cash disbursement for Singaporeans and PRs. Here’s a look at the reasons to apply for this personal loan as well as how you can earn up to S$1,200 in cashback.
- Instant cash disbursement
- Fuss-free loan application for new UOB customers through MyInfo
- Choice of loan tenures from 12 to 60 months
- High loan effective interest rate of more than 8% per annum
- Need to have a UOB CashPlus account or UOB credit card to apply for a UOB Personal Loan
- Foreigners are not eligible
Interest Rate: From as low as 4.25% p.a (EIR 8.86% p.a)
Loan Tenures: Choice of 1 year to 5 years
Max. Credit Limit: Up to 95% of credit limit
Min. Loan Amount: S$1,000
Turnaround Time: Instant approval for applications submitted between 8.30am to 9pm for new UOB customers
Table of Contents
- Why should you choose UOB Personal Loan?
- Who can apply?
- What charges or fees you should look out for?
- How to apply?
- Summary of Interest Rates for all tenures
Why should you choose UOB Personal Loan?
1. Easy loan approval for new UOB customers via MyInfo
If you’re a new UOB customer, simply click ‘Apply Now’ on UOB’s personal loan website and from there, you’ll be asked to log in to MyInfo where your personal information will be automatically retrieved. Only UOB currently observes this process, which saves you time inputting requirements and uploading documents. Applications should be submitted between 7am to 8 pm.
2. Get instant cash
If you are in urgent need of cash, you can get cash instantly when you apply for the UOB Personal Loan online. This instant cash will be given upon approval for applications submitted between 8am to 9pm. For those that are unable to wait a few working days before getting cash on hand, the UOB Personal Loan could be a great option.
3. Earn cashback of up to $1,200
You can get up to $1,200 cashback when you apply for the UOB Personal Loan for either the 36, 48 or 60-months tenor. This offer ends 31 March 2020. The cashback earned also depends on the approved loan amount.
|Approved Loan Amount||Cashback|
|S$15,000 to S$29,000||S$200|
|S$30,000 to S$44,999||S$600|
4. Maximum loan amount of 95% of your available credit limit
UOB Personal Loans are only applicable to UOB CashPlus account or UOB credit card holders. While other banks only approves 80% of your credit limit, up to 95% is allowed for existing UOB customers. Terms and conditions such as schedule of fees of your UOB credit card is also applicable to your personal loan.
5. Perks for existing UOB Credit Card/CashPlus customers
If you already have a UOB credit cards, no documents are required for a loan application. When your loan is approved, it will be disbursed to a designated savings account of your choice.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for the UOB Personal Loan, you have to be:
- An existing UOB Credit Card/CashPlus customer
- Nationality: Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident (Foreigners are not eligible for the UOB Personal Loan)
- Age: 20 to 60 years old
- Minimum annual income: S$30,000
What charges or fees should you look out for?
Here are the charges and fees you could incur:
- Processing fee: 1% of approved loan amount
- Cancellation fee: $150 or 3% of outstanding approved loan amount (whichever is higher)
How to apply?
If you’re an existing UOB customer, simply log in to your UOB Mighty Internet Banking and submit the short application.
If you’re a new customer, click on “Apply Now” then, “Retrieve with MyInfo” button. You’ll be redirected to SingPass page.
No documents will be required.
Summary of Interest Rates for all tenures
|Loan Tenure||Flat Interest Rate (p.a)||Effective Interest Rate (p.a)||Processing Fee||Monthly Instalment|
*Assumed loan amount of S$20,000
UOB Personal Loan promotion
From 1 August 2020, enjoy promotional interest rate of 3.68% (EIR starting from 7.21%) with only a 1% processing fee when you apply!
Best Personal Loans In Singapore With The Lowest Interest Rates (2020)
Understanding Personal Loans: Why And When Should You Use It?
4 Times In Life You Should Consider Getting a Personal Loan
Best Personal Loan Promotions In Singapore 2020
4 Types of Personal Loans: What You Need to Know