Tell us your requirements
Compare credit cards or personal loans or travel insurances
Choose the best option for you
SingSaver.com.sg is your go-to website for finding credit cards and personal loans in Singapore. Use our comparison tools to get unbiased, up-to-date information on personal finance products.
We are the first comparison site to provide Singaporeans with the lowest interest rates in the market, exclusively available at SingSaver.com.sg
Credit cards are a money-saving tool because they come with a range of rewards. The most common of them are reward points (which you redeem for vouchers or gifts), cash back (where a percentage of your spending is returned to you at the end of the month), or direct discounts with partner restaurants and retailers. Any credit card you get in Singapore will have some combination of these perks.
The trick to using a credit card is to pay your bill in full and on time. If you can do this every month, you can save a lot of money on things that are important to you while avoiding debt.
For example, if you love to travel, then an air miles credit card can help you save money on expensive flight tickets. They give you a certain number of miles for every dollar you spend, which you can eventually redeem for a free flight.
If you are a mother of two young children, a cash rebate credit card can help you save money on daily essentials like groceries, health products, and petrol.
Before you apply for a credit card, examine your lifestyle and identify the areas that you spend the most money on. Then choose a credit card that will either give you discounts for it, or let you earn reward points from it.
Credit Card Requirements for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents
It's relatively easy for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents to qualify for a credit card. In fact, most Singaporeans own an average of 4 credit cards. If you are thinking of applying for a new card, take note of the following requirements:
1. Be at least 21 years old
2. Have a minimum gross annual income of S$30,000. You may have to make a fixed deposit collateral if you do not meet the annual income requirement.
3. Front and back photocopies of your NRIC
4. Latest 12 months CPF contribution history statement
5. Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment
6. Latest 3 months computerised payslip
Credit Card Requirements for Foreigners
Because the minimum annual income requirement starts at S$45,000, foreigners will need to be an Employment Pass holder to qualify for a credit card in Singapore. S Pass holders may have difficulty with their application because they do not meet the minimum income.
Below is a list of requirements foreigners need to prepare before applying for a credit card:
1. Be at least 21 years old
2. Have a minimum gross annual income of S$45,000. You may have to make a fixed deposit collateral if you do not meet the annual income requirement.
3. A valid passport, with at least 6 months validity
4. An employment pass, with at least 6 months validity
5. Latest computerised payslip or salary crediting to your bank account (in Singapore dollars) or a company letter certifying employment and salary (in Singapore dollars), dated within three months from card application
6. Full copies of your utility bills or telecommunications bills, to confirm your residential address