Venues & Attractions
Hollywood Walk of Fame and TCL Chinese Theatre
What: You can't visit Los Angeles without visiting the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the TCL Chinese Theatre. One of the most iconic venues in Los Angeles, you can take a slow walk down the Walk of Fame and spot the handprints and signatures of your favourite celebrities. If you have the time, consider watching a movie at the TCL Chinese Theatre! If you are lucky, a movie premier might be happening, allowing you to spot famous movie stars. To really soak in the glitz and glam, try to plan a trip in the late afternoon or evening.
Where: Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
Opening Hours: Opens 24 hours, 7 days a week. Avoid walking the streets late at night.n b
Santa Monica Pier & Venice Beach
What: Santa Monica Pier is a must-visit if you enjoy the beach! Jutting out into the Pacific Ocean, it features several restaurants and a small theme park. It's also a great place to catch the sunset. Once you're done with the Pier, you can either take a short walk to 3rd Street Promenade for shopping or head over to Venice Beach. The latter is known to be a playground for locals. The boardwalk is famous for its many eclectic stores, while the beach offers opportunities for surfing and sunbathing.
Where: 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 1800 Ocean Front Walk Los Angeles, CA 90291
Opening Hours: 6am to 10pm (Monday to Sunday) | 6am to 12am (Monday to Friday)
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
What: The LACMA is the largest art museum in the Western United States. If are a huge fan of art and history, we highly recommend giving the LACMA a visit. While you're there, don't forget to capture some selfies at the Urban Light installation located in front of the museum.
Where: 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Ticket Price: $25 USD (approx. S$34.27)
Opening Hours: 11am to 6pm (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) | 11am to 8pm (Friday) | 10am to 7pm (Weekends) | Closed on Wednesday
Grand Central Market
What: A downtown landmark of Los Angeles since 1917, Grand Central Market has been dubbed a "foodie heaven" by visitors and locals alike. Why? Because variety is what you'll find at Grand Central Market. From ramen and falafel to gourmet sandwiches and ice cream, there's definitely something to whet your appetite. The best part of it all? It's priced more affordably as compared to other parts of the city!
Where: 317 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Opening Hours: 8am to 9pm (Monday to Sunday)
The Griffith Observatory
What: Overlooking the Los Angeles basin, the Griffith Observatory offers visitors one of the best views in the entire city. Besides providing the perfect photo-op, you can also enter the observatory itself and visit the available exhibits on display. While you're there, you might as well take a peek into the telescope, allowing you to marvel at the night sky and the universe beyond.
Where: 2800 E Observatory Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Opening Hours: 12pm to 10pm (Tuesday to Friday) | 10am to 10pm (Weekends) | Closed on Monday
SingSaver's Exclusive TIQ Travel Insurance Promotion: All successful applicants TIQ Travel Insurance will receive 1x draw chance to enter our Weekly Lucky Draw where 1 lucky winner will stand to have their flight ticket reimbursed (up to a maximum of S$2,000). Valid till 31 July 2023. T&Cs apply.
Single Trip: Use promo code TIQSINGSAVER to enjoy 40% off when you apply. Valid till 18 Jun 2023. T&Cs apply.
Annual Trip: Use the promo code TIQSINGSAVER to enjoy a 60% discount on your COVID-19 add-on and get S$20 Cashback (Fulfillment by Etiqa) when you apply. Valid till 18 Jun 2023. T&Cs apply.
Key in the promo code under the coupon code section on the next page after selecting your destination and dates. The prices shown are before discounts.
Receive coverage for trip cancellations, medical expenses, and more when you purchase the COVID-19 Rider. T&Cs apply.
Parks & Nature
What: Griffith Park is one of the largest municipal parks in the United States, covering almost 4,200 acres of land. It is also home to the Los Angeles Zoo, the iconic Hollywood Sign, and the Griffith Observatory. Located in the centre of the city, Griffith Park is perfect for nature lovers or those looking to go on a hike or picnic. Just be mindful of your surroundings, as coyotes, wolves, and even a mountain lion, have made the park their home. Do stick to the trails and footpaths for your own safety!
Where: 4730 Crystal Springs Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Opening Hours: Opens 24 hours, 7 days a week. Avoid going there at night if possible.
What: Point Dume features majestic cliffs that overlook the ocean and is an ideal location if you are planning to swim, surf, scuba diving or rock climb. Do bring suitable footwear if you intend to hike to one of its many vantage points. Your reward will be a stunning view of the coast, and if you're lucky, you might even spot whales and dolphins during the December to mid-April migration period.
Where: Cliffside Dr &, Birdview Ave, Malibu, CA 90265
Opening Hours: 5am to 7pm (Daily)
Joshua Tree National Park
What: Joshua Tree National Park is a vast desert park where two deserts meet, the Mojave and Colorado desert. Named after Joshua trees which can be found scattered across the land, visitors can look forward to numerous nature and hiking trails, as well as rock climbing sites. It is also the perfect place for camping and star gazing. In fact, many recommend camping out in the desert for one night and gazing at the stars beside a campfire. Just remember to bring adequate supplies, like food and water, as well as your hiking shoes. It is a 2+ hour drive from Los Angeles.
Where: Joshua Tree National Park, California, USA
Opening Hours: Opens 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Big Bear Lake
What: If you are hoping to see snow in Los Angeles, consider a drive up to Big Bear Lake. Known as a premier 4-season destination, you can look forward to fishing, snowboarding and skiing, hiking, mountain biking and more. As its name suggests, bears do occupy the region. However, they mostly hibernate during winter time. You can afford to stay there for a day or two, and we highly recommend booking an Airbnb or a lodge for your stay.
Where: Big Bear Lake, California, USA
SingSaver's Exclusive MSIG TravelEasy Insurance Promotion: Score an Airalo eSIM with 1GB data and receive it within 4 working days when you apply now! Valid till 15 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
Additionally, all successful applicants of MSIG TravelEasy will receive 1x draw chance to enter our Weekly Lucky Draw where 1 lucky winner will stand to have their flight ticket reimbursed (up to a maximum of S$2,000). Valid till 31 July 2023. T&Cs apply.
Where: Dubbed the "happiest place on earth", Disneyland is where you can let your inner child run loose! New attractions to Disneyland Los Angeles are Tales of the Lion King live show and the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride. You can also look forward to classic attractions such as It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Space Mountain.
Where: 1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802
Ticket Price: From $104 USD per adult (approx. S$142.61) | +$65 USD for Park Hopper (approx. S$89.13)
Opening Hours: 8am to 12am (Daily)
Disney California Adventure Park
Where: The Disney California Adventure Park is located just beside Disneyland Park, and it features a different set of rides, themes and attractions. The Adventure Park features more Pixar and Marvel-themed attractions, such as the Incredicoaster, Pixar Pal-A-Round, and the newly opened Avengers Campus. If you plan to visit both parks, consider getting a Park Hopper ticket, as it is cheaper than purchasing individual tickets to both.
Where: 1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802
Ticket Price: From $104 USD per adult (approx. S$142.61) | + $65 USD (approx. for Park Hopper (approx. S$89.13)
Opening Hours: 8am to 10pm (Sunday to Friday) | 8am to 11pm (Saturday)
Universal Studios Hollywood
Where: You can't visit Los Angeles without a trip to Universal Studios. Located just 10 minutes away from Hollywood, its most popular attractions include The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The World-Famous Studio Tour, and Jurassic World. Once you're done with the theme park, consider strolling around Universal Citywalk to pick out souvenirs for your friends and family back home.
Where: 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608
Ticket Price: From $109 USD per adult (approx. S$149.46)
Opening Hours: 10am to 6pm (Monday) | 10am to 7pm (Tuesday to Friday) | 9am to 10pm (Saturday) | 9am to 9pm (Sunday)
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Where: Known as the “Thrill Capital of the World”, Six Flags Magic Mountain is where thrill-seekers can test their mantle on 20 different world-class roller-coasters. Fret not though, as those less adventurous can still enjoy other family-friendly rides and attractions. Six Flags Magic Mountain is about a 45-minute drive from Los Angeles.
Where: 26101 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Valencia, CA 91355
Ticket Price: $55 USD per adult (approx. S$75.42)
Opening Hours: 10.30am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday) | 10.30am to 6pm (Friday) | 10.30am to 9pm (Saturday) | 10.30am to 8pm (Sunday)
SingSaver's Allianz Travel Insurance Exclusive Promotion: All successful applicants of Allianz Travel Insurance will receive 1x draw chance to enter our Weekly Lucky Draw where 1 lucky winner will stand to have their flight ticket reimbursed (up to a maximum of S$2,000). Valid till 31 July 2023. T&Cs apply.
Use the promo code AzSSV to get a 45% discount (Exclusive to SingSaver) and up to S$60 via PayNow when you apply (min. premium of S$60). Valid till 30 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
Allianz Travel Insurance includes coverage for both COVID-19 and Cruises to Nowhere.
- Remember to apply for the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) - Singaporeans will need to apply for ESTA before entering the US. Your entry will be denied if your ESTA isn't completed. You can sign up for it here.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is also required - Fully vaccinated travellers must complete the full course of COVID-19 vaccination for a maximum of 2 weeks before traveling to USA. You are required to show proof of your vaccination at customs before entry into the country. Visit Sherpa for more information.
- Keep your quarters for meter parking - You'll have to pay for meter parking if you are parking along the roadside.
- Read the parking signs - Remember to read the parking signs to determine if meter parking is in effect. There are certain times when roadside parking is not allowed. Your vehicle may be towed if it is parked during restricted hours.
- Validate your parking ticket - If you are parking in a mall or a carpark with a barrier, you can get your parking ticket validated, saving you around $10 USD in parking fees. However, note that there are conditions to get validation (like eating at certain restaurants or spending up to $XXX.)
- Stay away from peak-hour traffic - Traffic normally peaks around 4pm and last till 8pm. A simple 15-minute drive can turn into 1.5 hours if the jam is really bad.
- Do not take CDs from anyone - A common sighting at popular tourist areas are people handing out "sample" CDs. Do not take them as they expect a $5 - $10 USD tip despite saying it's free. Speaking of tipping...
- Get used to tipping for services rendered - Unlike Singapore where tipping isn't mandatory, most service providers, such as servers, valet attendants, barbers, beauticians, etc., will expect a tip. A 15% to 20% tip is considered generous in most cases.
- Dress like a local - There is a homeless problem in Los Angeles. To avoid getting harassed, try dressing like a local, and you should be fine.
- Visiting Los Angeles - The best times to visit Los Angeles are in Spring (April to mid-June), Autumn (October to November) and Winter (December to March). In Summer (July to September), temperatures can get as high as 42 degrees celsius.
- Credit cards are widely accepted - You don't need to carry stacks of notes when visiting Los Angeles as credit cards are widely accepted. In fact, they are favoured by many businesses. We suggest pairing your credit card with a multi-currency card like YouTrip or Amaze to avoid hefty foreign transaction fees. If you wish to earn miles on your purchases, consider using the Standard Chartered Rewards+ or UOB PRVI Miles credit card.
- Buy travel insurance - Although Los Angeles has strict gun laws, petty crimes and shootings do still occur. Do purchase travel insurance that offers high medical coverage as medical bills in America can be on high side. Similarly, driving is the most convenient way to get around, so considering a travel insurance with high rental car coverage is advisable as well.
SingSaver's Best Price Travel Campaign: All successful applicants of participating Travel Insurance products will receive 1x draw chance to enter our weekly lucky draw where 1 lucky winner will stand to have their flight ticket reimbursed (up to a maximum of $2,000). Valid till 31 July 2023. T&Cs apply.
|Travel Insurance||Premium for Individual Cover||Covid-19 Coverage||Promotion|
|Allianz Travel Insurance
||from S$34.10 (for 1 week in Asean)||Yes||
Use promo code AzSSV to get a 45% discount (Exclusive to SingSaver) and up to $60 via PayNow.
Valid till 30 June 2023. T&Cs apply
|MSIG Travel Easy
||from S$34.10 (for 1 week in Asean)||Yes||
Score an Airalo eSIM with 1GB data and receive it within 4 working days when you apply now! Valid till 15 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
Enjoy 40% off your Single Trip premium and 20% off your Annual Trip premium. Plus, receive up to S$38 via PayNow when you apply.
Valid till 31 July 2023. T&Cs apply.
|Etiqa (TIQ) Travel Insurance
|from S$39 (for 1 week in Asean)||Yes||
Single Trip: Use promo code TIQSINGSAVER to enjoy 40% off when you apply.
Annual Trip: Use the promo code TIQSINGSAVER to enjoy a 60% discount and S$20 cashback on your COVID-19 add-on.
Valid till 18 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
|Starr TraveLead Travel Insurance
||from S$11.05 (for 1 week in Asean)||Yes||
Use the promo code SSVTL35 to enjoy up to S$48 via PayNow, a 35% discount, plus an exclusive Agoda promo code.
Valid till 30 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
|FWD Travel Insurance
|from S$22.50 (for 1 week in Asean)||Yes||
Score an Airalo eSIM with 1GB data and receive it before you travel! Valid till 2 July 2023. T&Cs apply.
Use the promo code TRAVEL25 to get 25% off on Single Trip and Annual Trip plans.
Valid till 9 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
AIG Travel Guard® Direct
|from S$30 (for 1 week in Asean)||Yes||
Score an Airalo eSIM with 1GB data and receive it within 4 working days when you apply now! Valid till 16 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
Single Trip: Use promo code SSFLASHSALE to get 10% off and up to $50 Dairy Farm eVoucher (fulfillment by AIG).
Valid till 30 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
Read these next:
- UK Travel Guide (2022): Places To Visit, Cost & More
- Is Travel Insurance With COVID-19 Coverage Still Necessary?
- Testing, Vaccinations, Travel Insurance and Credit Cards: Your Year-End Travel Checklist
- 17 Best Things to Do in Thailand (VTL 2022) – Temples, Hiking, Shopping, and More
- Best Travel Insurance In Singapore (2022)