What the DBS Woman's World Card can do for you
DBS Woman's World card product summary:
- 10X Rewards (or 20 miles) when you shop online locally. Get up to 10 DBS Points or 20 Miles for every S$5 spent on local online purchases.
- 7X Rewards (or 14 miles) when you shop online overseas. Get up to 7 DBS Points or 14 miles for every S$5 spent on overseas online purchases.
- 3X Rewards (or 6 miles) when you shop overseas. Get up to 6 DBS Points or 6 miles for every S$5 spent overseas.
- 1X base DBS Point (or 2 miles) on other purchases.
- 0% interest for 3 months on retail purchases. Suitable for those seeking flexible payments for up to 10 eligible transactions amounting to S$500 and above.
- S$150 cashback welcome offer. Click here to apply for DBS Woman’s World Card online with promo code <150CASH>, then charge S$800 within the first 60 days of card approval to receive S$150 cashback.
- Complimentary e-commerce protection on online purchases.
Highest rebate earned
10x DBS Points (20 miles)
Extra 5% cashback
Minimum monthly spend
DBS Points (or miles) earned for every S$5 spend
Maximum rebate earned
For online spend: Bonus 7X (overseas) or 9X DBS Points (local) per S$5 spend is capped at first S$2,000 per month
For overseas spend: No cap for bonus 2X DBS Points
S$194.40 (First year waived)*
*Must spend min. S$25,000
Why should you choose the DBS Woman’s World Card?
So far, the card benefits for DBS Woman World are looking great — offering generous 10X DBS Rewards Points (or 20 miles) to spur every shopaholic's shopping addiction! Talk about enabling!
#1 Earn rewards points on online and overseas shopping at a faster rate
If you can't stand shopping at malls, this card gives is not stingy on points for your online purchases. You can do all your shopping with a click of a few buttons from the comfort of your home, and immediately earn up to 10X DBS Points (or 20 miles) for your receipt.
But that's not all. You'll be very incentivised to shop overseas too, given that you'll earn up to 3X DBS Points (or 6 miles) with your foreign receipt too!
So whether you're in Singapore or across the border, your shopping will be rewarded everywhere you go!
#2 Affordable repayments for large purchases
We always encourage people to pay credit card bills promptly and to never carry over a balance. Credit cards have high interest rates, and it’s very easy for debt to snowball because the interest compounds daily.
But let’s say your laptop breaks down beyond repair and you don’t have the cash for a new one. Or you need furniture for your new flat but can’t afford to buy a bed and sofa at the same time.
The DBS Woman’s World Card is great for that sort of thing because of the 0% interest repayment for three months on retail items.
So even if you can’t make the full payment of your purchases by the due date, you don’t have to worry about getting charged interest for the next three months.
Take note that this does not cover Cash Advances, Balance Transfer, or payments made via iBanking. This also isn’t an excuse to skip payments — you need to keep paying the amount in your statement on the due date!
4 Ways to Pay Off Credit Card Debt in Singapore
How to Clear Credit Card Debt Quickly and Reliably
Debt Consolidation Plan: What is it and How Does it Work?
Unpaid Credit Card Bills? Here's How a Balance Transfer Helps
#3 Exclusive card privileges in shopping, dining, and travel
New users: S$10 off + free delivery with min. S$15 spend on first order
Promo code: DBS23NEW
Existing users: S$12 off with min. S$60 spend
Promo code: DBSXXX12 (where XXX refers to first 3 letters of month e.g. DBSAPR12)
Promo code: DBSZAL23
Valid till 31 Dec 2023
Trip.com: Up to S$100 off hotel and flight bookings
Valid till 31 Dec 2023
ChopeDeals: Additional S$6 off first purchase of dining vouchers with min. S$90 spend
Promo code: 6DBS
Sephora: S$10 off min. S$100 spend
Promo code: DBSLOVE10
Valid till 30 Jun 2023 (Limited to first 5,000 redemptions)
Booking.com: Up to 10% cashback on accommodation bookings
Valid till 31 Dec 2024
#4 Easy enough to qualify
The DBS Woman’s World Card is available to Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and foreigners with a minimum annual income of S$80,000. This classifies it as a mid-tier credit card, putting it in between an entry-level and an elite card.
Other T&Cs to consider
You only earn up to 10 DBS Points on the first S$2,000 spent online per month.
Earning 10X rewards points on your digital purchases isn’t a straightforward process.
Basically, you get 1 DBS Point for every S$5 spent online a day after the transaction was made. The additional 7X or 9X DBS Points get awarded in the next calendar month.
Also, these extra DBS Points only apply to the first S$2,000 online spend every month.
It would be great if there were no limit to the points you can earn. On the bright side, at least you’re not encouraged to spend a ridiculous amount just to chase rewards.
Only 1X DBS Point for every $5 spent in real life
If you prefer to shop at malls, you’re going to be disappointed by the earn rate. For all other retail purchases outside of online and overseas shopping, you only get 1 DBS Point for every $5 spent.
0% interest only applies to a maximum of 10 retail transactions.
Think carefully before you use this feature. You can only take advantage of this perk with a minimum purchase of S$1,500, and it only applies to a maximum of 10 purchases. Also, you don’t earn points on purchases with deferred payments.
DBS Points expire in a year.
Any DBS Points you earn within the first year of getting your DBS Woman’s World Card should be redeemed within 12 months. After that, your points expire and drops to zero.
What DBS rewards can you redeem?
Here’s an idea of what you can get with the DBS Points you can earn in a month, assuming you spend heavily on online retail. Remember, you have 12 months to collect and spend your DBS Points. Save them for something really good, but they’ll expire if you wait too long.
|Monthly Spend on Online Retail||DBS Points Collected||
|S$500||1,000||S$10 Takashimaya Department Store voucher (800 DBS Points)
|S$1,000||2,000||Either a RSH Group S$30 voucher, G2000 S$30 voucher, or BHG S$30 voucher (1,850 DBS Points)|
|S$2,000||4,000||CapitaVoucher S$40 voucher (3,200 DBS Points) and S$10 Toys"R"Us voucher (700 DBS points)|
|S$3,000||4,200||Selected DBS supplementary card annual fee waivers (3,600 DBS Points) and S$10 Crystal Jade My Bread voucher (600 DBS Points)|
|S$4,000||4,400||ESSO Synergy S$40 fuel voucher (2,600 DBS Points) and Tung Lok Group S$30 voucher (1,800 DBS Points)|
|S$7,000||5,000||Either 10,000 Asia miles, 10,000 KrisFlyer miles, or 10,000 Qantas points (5,000 DBS Points)|
Visit http://rewards.dbs.com/ or refer to their DBS Rewards 2023 Catalogue to find out more redeemable rewards.
What charges or fees should you look out for?
- Annual fee: S$194.40 (First year waived)
- Late payment charge: S$100 (For outstanding balance above S$200)
- Minimum monthly payment: 3% of statement balance (or S$50, whichever is greater) plus any overdue amount exceeding your credit limit
- Overlimit fee: S$40 if outstanding balance exceeds credit limit
- Interest charged on card transactions: 26.80% p.a. chargeable on a daily basis (Subject to compounding)
- Cash advance fee: 8% of amount withdrawn per transaction or S$15, whichever is greater
- Interest on cash advance fees: 28% p.a. (Subject to compounding)
More information can be found in this FAQ.
- At least 21 years old
- Min. annual income (Singaporean and Foreigner): S$80,000 and above
How to apply?
- Click on any of the 'Apply Now' buttons found in this article
- Fill up the card application form on our SingSaver site
- Prepare the following documents during application:
- Front and back of NRIC/Passport/Employment Pass
- Salaried employees: Past 12 months' CPF statement (Singaporean/PR) or latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
- Self-employed: Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
Should you get the DBS Woman’s World Card?
So does the DBS Woman’s World Card really give what women want? Well, that depends on what kind of woman you are.
If you’re the kind of woman who spends several hundred dollars every month on online stores, the DBS Woman’s World Card is worth looking into. With a decent earn rate for every S$5 spent, and a variety of vouchers to redeem your points with, this card can help you save while you splurge.
If you’re the kind of woman who foresees making several large purchases in the future, and would like to spread payments across 3 months, definitely get the DBS Woman’s World Card.
But if you’re the kind of woman who prefers shopping at malls or department stores, the DBS Woman’s World Card just doesn’t give enough rewards.
Citi Rewards Card
You can consider trying the Citi Rewards Card instead, which gives 10X Rewards Points (or 4 miles) per S$1 spent on online and shopping spend, private hire rides like Gojek and Grab, online grocery and online food delivery, and more.
UOB Lady's Card
UOB Lady's Card Welcome Gift: Get S$350 worth of Grab vouchers when you make a min. spend of S$1,000 per month for 2 consecutive months from card approval date. Applicable to the first 200-new-to-UOB credit card customer. Valid till 30 June 2023. T&Cs apply.
Read these next:
Best Rewards Credit Cards in Singapore
Credit Card Promotions: Exclusive on SingSaver (2023)
Best Women's Credit Cards in Singapore
Cashback vs Miles vs Rewards: Which is the Best Credit Card?
How to Get Discounts All the Time With a Rewards Credit Card