Let’s help you to stretch every dollar of your hard-earned money.
Benjamin Franklin once warned, “Beware of small expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.”
That’s the sneaky thing about little money leaks – they don’t seem like much until they add up to big money. The Netflix documentary, Living On One Dollar, is further proof that every cent counts, literally. It’ll open your eyes to many life lessons, one of which is a reminder to city folks not to underestimate just how far you can streetch every dollar if you tried. And that’s how you get rich.
With that in mind this GSS season, we have uncovered a few hacks for you to get more savings and value for spending less. You’re welcome.
TANGS: Up to 50% off
Do you enjoy the experience of shopping more than the actual buying of products? There’s a reason why TANGS is one of Singapore’s most iconic shopping destinations; easily accessible and offering a wide array of products from household appliances to golf equipment to clothing from local designers. It’s one of our favourite places to get some retail therapy.
(1) If you are a TANGS member and you have been accumulating points every time you spend, that could go towards further subsidising your GSS purchases. Plus, get 6% rebate on every S$10 spent. More information here.
(2) Charge your spending to a HSBC card and stand to win a pair of Cathay Pacific tickets to Bangkok worth S$820. From now to 31 July 2018, every S$100 entitles you to one chance. Terms and conditions apply. To get your HSBC card, visit here.
Best Denki: Up to 50% off
If you have electronics nearing the end of its lifespan, this could be the time to switch them out. Don’t forget to look out for the online exclusive deals, which helps you to both save time and money.
(1) Get 12% BEST rewards and enjoy more savings by applying for the BEST-OCBC Platinum MasterCard. More details here.
(2) Maybank cardholders, charge upwards of S$3,000 to redeem complimentary gifts from a Nespresso Gift Set to a 2D1N stay at Resorts World Sentosa. Applicable from now to 31 July 2018. More information here, and get your Maybank card here.
Robinsons: Up to 70% off
For those of us who prefer to shop offline, Robinsons is a great one-stop shop because it has everything from mass-market labels to high-end brands and home-grown names like Scene Shang.
(1) Use your Citi ThankYou Rewards to redeem gift vouchers at Robinsons with fewer points or miles this GSS. More information here. Apply for a Citibank card here.
(2) Use your OCBC Robinsons Group card to get 5% rebate on your purchases. More details here.
MotherCare: Further Markdowns on GSS offers
Are you preparing to welcome a new member into your life? Good news: MotherCare is offering massive discounts for everything and anything you might need for the little one. Promotion ends 8 July 2018.
(1) Spend upwards of S$300 within three months and get a VIP membership for free, which offers discounts of up to 30% discounts and more. Terms and conditions apply.
(2) Charge a minimum of S$150 to a Standard Chartered card in a single eligible transaction and stand to win some extra cashback with “Spin The Wheel”. Valid till 15 July 2018, terms and conditions apply. Apply for a card here.
Fumee by Habanos: 1-for-1 Angus Prime Ribeye Steak
Steak lovers, grab this chance to unwind at Fumee in the outdoor terrace with a juicy, delicious piece of steak. There’s all the more reason to do so, with this 1-for-1 promotion. Valid till 12 Aug 2018. Terms and conditions apply. See here.
UnionPay cardholders, get additional 5% off on a la carte items in the same bill. Terms and conditions apply.
Miniso Singapore: Spend and receive a mystery free gift
Japanese lifestyle and fast-fashion brand, Miniso is offering free a mystery huggable gift with a spend of minimum S$15. The temptation! Spend S$15 to receive a small gift, S$25 to receive a big one, and S$45 to receive both.
While stocks last. Valid only at Vivo, NEX, Compass One and Westgate outlets. Terms and conditions apply.
(1) Scan to pay with DBS PayLah!, DBS / POSB digibank and DBS iWealth and get S$2 cashback on your purchase. Minimum spend of S$15. Valid till 31 July 2018. More details here.
(2) CIMB cardholders, every S$20 spent on your card entitles you a chance to win a cash rebate of S$500 monthly. Qualifying spend period till 31 August 2018. Terms and conditions apply. More details here.
By Alexa Fang
Alexa is a pop-culture vulture. She lives to read, write and travel, and decided long ago that life is stranger than fiction. When she's having croissant, she thinks in French. "31 Rue Cambon" is her favourite address, and she believes that money one enjoyed spending is never money wasted.