The list of exclusions for this policy include the following:
- If you are not fully vaccinated unless pre-departure COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is done and tested negative within 72 hours prior to your scheduled departure date from Singapore
- Any claim under a policy applied for less than three days before your scheduled departure date except if the claim is due to an accident which results in your death
- Any diagnosis of COVID-19 within 14 days of the date of purchase of your policy
- If you postpone your trip because of disinclination to travel, change of mind or fear of travelling
- If you postpone your trip solely due to epidemic or pandemic-related travel advisories, including - but not limited to - border closures, quarantine orders, government orders issued by governments or the World Health Organization (WHO) for the destination country or home country
- Routine physical examinations, health check-ups, or any other tests not related to the treatment or diagnosis of any injury, illness, or sickness or any treatment of a preventive nature including vaccinations, treatment for obesity, weight reduction and weight improvement programmes
- Travel booked or undertaken against medical advice or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment
- HIV and/or any HIV related illness including AIDS and/or any mutant derivatives or variations thereof however caused
- Detention, confiscation or destruction by customs or other officials or authorities
- Losses for which insurance is prohibited by law
- Any government intervention, prohibition or regulation
- Claims arising from any fraudulent, dishonest or unlawful act committed by you
- Engaging in aerial activities (except for hot-air ballooning) or air travel except as a fare-paying passenger in any fully licensed passenger carrying aircraft but not as a member of the crew nor for the purpose of any trade or technical operation in or on the aircraft
The full list of exclusions is available in the policy wording.
Types of plans
Sompo Travel COVID-19 Insurance offers two plans with different levels of coverage — the Essential Plan offers relatively basic coverage while the Superior Plan provides more comprehensive coverage.
|Plan Type||COVID-19 Medical Expenses Overseas||COVID-19 Trip Cancellation Or Postponement Benefit||COVID-19 Emergency Medical Evacuation||COVID-19 Overseas Quarantine Allowance/ Hospital Income|
|Essential Plan||S$100,000||S$2,000||S$100,000||S$50 per day, up to S$700|
|Superior Plan||S$200,000||S$4,000||S$200,000||S$100 per day, up to S$1,400|
If you get COVID-19, you will be covered up to S$100,000 for any medical expenses abroad, and any overseas hospitalisation will get you an allowance of S$50 a day up to 14 days, for the Essential Plan.
With regard to emergency medical evacuation and repatriation due to COVID-19, you will be covered up to S$100,000 for the Essential Plan.
If your trip has to be cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19, you can get up to S$2,000 reimbursement for the Essential Plan. For trip curtailment or disruption due to COVID-19, the Essential Plan covers up to S$1,000. Note that the excess of S$100 applies.
If you are required to do an overseas quarantine due to COVID-19, you will get an allowance of S$50 a day, up to 14 days for the Essential Plan.
Apart from COVID-19 related coverage, the Essential Plan also offers personal accident coverage of up to S$200,000 in the event of your death or permanent disability due to an injury caused by accident, overseas medical expenses coverage of up to S$200,000, baggage loss or damage benefit of up to S$1,000.
If you get COVID-19, you’ll get medical coverage of up to S$200,000 instead, and an overseas hospital allowance of S$100 per day for up to 14 days if you opt for the Superior plan.
With regard to emergency medical evacuation and repatriation due to COVID-19, you will be covered up to S$200,000 for the Superior Plan.
If your trip has to be cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19, you can get up to S$4,000 reimbursement for the Superior Plan. For trip curtailment or disruption due to COVID-19, the Superior Plan covers up to S$2,000. Note that the excess of S$100 applies.
If you are required to do an overseas quarantine due to COVID-19, you’ll get an overseas quarantine allowance of S$100 per day, up to 14 days if you opt for the Superior Plan.
Apart from COVID-19 related coverage, the Superior Plan also offers personal accident coverage of up to S$500,000 in the event of your death or permanent disability due to an injury caused by accident, overseas medical expenses coverage of up to S$400,000, baggage loss or damage benefit of up to S$1,000 and more.
Sompo Travel COVID-19 Insurance only offers single-trip policies. But of course, the pricing differs for Essential Plan and Superior Plan. The more comprehensive the policy is, the higher the pricing you can expect.
*Premium plans above are based on single trip travel insurance for a five-day trip to Brunei (ASEAN Region).
How to make a claim
To make a claim, please call +65 6461 6555 for Sompo’s customer service hotline. Alternatively, click here to access their claims portal.
Protected up to specified limits by SDIC.
Note: This is only product information provided. You may wish to seek advice from a qualified adviser before buying the product. If you choose not to seek advice from a qualified adviser, you should consider whether the product is suitable for you. Buying an insurance product that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs.
If you decide that the policy is not suitable after purchasing the policy, you may terminate the policy in accordance with the free-look provision, if any, and the insurer may recover from you any expense incurred by the insurer in underwriting the policy.
Read these next:
Best Travel Insurance Plans And Promotions In Singapore (2021)
Best Travel Insurance In Singapore (2021)
5 Best Ways To Shop for Travel Insurance
Ultimate Guide To Digital Multi-Currency Accounts (2021)
Best Air Miles Credit Cards In Singapore (2021)