With an array of high-value plans complete with COVID-19 coverage, AXA SmartTraveller provides the essentials you need for a stress-free trip.
If you’re looking for an insurance plan that’ll soothe your travel worries at a steal, you’re in luck. AXA SmartTraveller’s pricing starts from as low as $10.
There are two tiers of travel insurance plans on offer: Essential and Comprehensive. Both plans provide comprehensive coverage for travel inconvenience benefits and medical coverage, at competitive pricing.
Summary of product
High medical coverage
Up to S$600,000 whilst overseas and up to S$60,000 post-trip.
24-hour emergency medical assistance
AXA offers 24-hour emergency medical assistance benefit.
Full terrorism cover
Event arising from the use of nuclear, chemical and biological substances.
Personal accident cover
Up to S$1,000,000, starting 3 hours before departure.
Unlimited emergency medical evacuation and repatriation
Unlimited emergency medical evacuation and repatriation benefit.
Fraudulent personal credit card use
Covers financial loss due to unauthorised charges made to your lost or stolen credit, charge or bank card while overseas.
AXA SmartTraveller Travel Insurance: Pros and cons breakdown
|COVID-19 travel cover regardless of the airline that you fly*|
Adventurous activities cover
Full terrorism cover
Unlimited emergency medical evacuation/ emergency repatriation
|No benefit for extreme sports|
Only offer 2 tier plans: Essential and Comprehensive (most insurers offer 3 options)
Limited in terms of travel region: AXA offers ‘Regional’ or ‘Global Worldwide’ (most insurers offer 3 to 4 sub-sections (ASEAN, Asia, Worldwide, Worldwide excluding USA and Canada) — a trip to certain areas under ASEAN, is still classified under ‘Regional’ pricing
No benefit payable for loss of frequent flyer reward points or holiday points used
*Must be travelling under permitted conditions. Terms and conditions apply.
- Pre-existing medical conditions (including congenital conditions)
- Pregnancy, miscarriage, childbirth or abortion and their complications
- Travelling against Medical Practitioner’s advice/ Travelling for the purpose of getting medical treatment
- Elective cosmetic surgery
- HIV, AIDS and/or any sexually transmitted disease
- Extreme sports or underwater activities requiring the use of artificial breathing apparatus
- Expedition to inaccessible and remote areas of a country or areas previously unexplored
- Participation in sports activities to receive financial compensation
- Items taken/destructed by customs or other officials
- War, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, conspiracy, civil commotion and nuclear reaction or contamination, ionising rays or radioactivity
- Loss of frequent flyer reward points or holiday points used, in part or full, to pay for any part of the trip
*Please read the full list of exclusions in the policy wording.
Types of Plans
AXA’s Smart Traveller Plan offers two tiers: Essential and Comprehensive. For more details on the benefits and exclusions, do refer to the policy wordings.
|Plan Type||Cancellation||Medical Coverage (Overseas)||Bags/ Belongings|
- Golf equipment including hole-in-one celebration
- Sports equipment
- Pet care
- Rental vehicle excess and safety: Hijacking, kidnap and hostage
- Home care benefit: Household contents and/or valuables within the usual place of residence are lost or damaged due to fire or theft by violent and forcible entry while you are overseas.
AXA SmartTraveller Essential plan is great for personal accident and medical coverage that isn’t too expensive and is value for money. Its stand out feature is its high coverage for personal accident/death and baggage loss/damage per item basis, as well as competitive medical coverage. Personal accident coverage of up to $500,000 and Baggage Delay is at $200 for every six hours of delay overseas capped at $1,000.
AXA SmartTraveller Comprehensive plan offers competitive value in its personal accident coverage. It also features high coverage for baggage loss/damages and delays. Personal accident coverage of up to $1,000,000 and Baggage Delay of $200 for every six hours of delay overseas capped at $2,000.
Let’s look at pricing comparison across various plans for both Single Trip and Annual Trip. AXA offers only two tiers: Essential and Comprehensive. Essential Plan is used for Mid-Tier Plan comparison, whereas the Comprehensive Plan is used for Top-Shelf comparison.
In addition, AXA only offers Regional (equivalent to Asia) and Global (Worldwide) for travel region. The benefits offered by Essential Plan is similar to the mid-tier plans of most insurance companies, yet the pricing is slightly lower than industry average. We recommend AXA SmartTraveller for consumers who value quality at competitive pricing!
|AXA SmartTraveller Essential||Industry Mid-Tier Plan Average|
|AXA SmartTraveller Comprehensive||Industry Top-Shelf Plan Average|
Single Trip: Use the promo code TSSP11 to get an additional 10% off on top of a base 30% discount. Limited to the first 200 applications till 30 September 2021.
Annual Trip: Use the promo code TASP10 to get an additional 8% off on top of a base 20% discount. Limited to the first 30 applications till 30 September 2021.
How to claim
Hotline: +65 6880 4888
Read these next:
Best Travel Insurance In Singapore (2021)
Maximise Your Annual Leave With Public Holidays For Long Weekends (2021)
FWD Travel Insurance Review: Excellent Coverage For The Budget-Conscious Traveller
Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Review: Best In Market For High Medical Coverage
HL Assurance Travel Insurance Review: HL Travel Protect360