You can earn enough air miles to redeem a round-trip to New York with the UOB PRVI Miles Card.
If you’re anything like George Clooney’s character in Up in the Air, you have probably been collecting air miles with every trip, vying for a chance to hit the 10 million frequent flyer miles mark.
Unless you travel as often as he does, you probably wouldn’t even get anywhere close to 10 million miles. Fortunately, there’s a way to speed the process up.
That, fellow frequent flyer, is the UOB PRVI Miles Card. With 1.4 miles per dollar spend locally and 2.4 miles per dollar spend overseas, the UOB PRVI Miles Card has the highest base miles compared to similar air miles cards.
The other advantage is its deal with Singapore Airlines, where you’ll get 3 miles per dollar spend with Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and KrisShop.
Take Thomas for example, who travels frequently for work. In a year, he spends an average of S$30,000 locally, S$12,000 when overseas and S$8,000 on travel using his UOB PRVI Miles Card. His spend overseas for work are claimable.
Here’s the breakdown of how much he can accumulate in a year:
UOB PRVI Miles Card Annual Mileage
|Type of Spend||Amount of Spend||Calculations||Miles Earned|
|Local (e.g. groceries, petrol and dining)||S$30,000||S$30,000 x 1.4 miles (local)||42,000|
|Overseas (e.g. business trip expenses incurred in foreign currency)||S$12,000 (S$10,000 on business spend)||S$12,000 x 2.4 miles (overseas)||28,800|
|Accommodation (paid in foreign currency)||S$3,000||S$3,000 x 2.4 miles||7.200|
|Flights||S$5,000||S$5,000 x 3 miles (Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, KrisShop)||15,000|
For spending S$50,000 a year, Thomas can accumulate 93,000 miles per year as a frequent business traveller. That’s more than enough for a round trip to London, Los Angeles or New York. Plus, PRVI Miles American Express Cardmembers will receive a bonus of 20,000 miles.
Qualifying Criteria & Costs
Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and foreigners must earn a S$80,000 annual income to qualify for this card. You’ll also have to be above the age of 21 years.
The UOB PRVI Miles Card’s annual fees are at S$256.80, and the first year is waived.
- This card gives the fastest air miles earn rate – 3 miles for every S$1 spent on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and KrisShop, 2.4 miles for every S$1 spent overseas and 1.4 miles for every S$1 spent locally, with no minimum spend.
No minimum spend and no cap on miles earned
- Choice to redeem from over 40 airlines, cash or travel packages
- You can choose between three different payment processing networks: Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage(terms and conditions apply)
- rack up a minimum overseas spend of S$1,000 within each qualifying quarter and enjoy up to two limousine rides to Singapore Changi Airport
- Get a Samsonite Engenero Spinner 69cm Luggage worth S$560 as a welcome gift (terms and conditions apply)
- Exclusive monthly travel deals and packages
- If you want to redeem your miles, you’ll have to pay a redemption fee of S$25
The Credit Card for Frequent Travellers
Arming yourself with an air miles credit card everywhere you go–locally or abroad–is going to accelerate the accumulation of miles significantly. And you can’t just use any air miles credit card – you need one with the most base miles per dollar spend.
With regular and responsible use, the UOB PRVI Miles Card can take you further than any other air miles card. Combined with the exclusive privileges of being a PRVI cardmember, you can get to where you want in comfort and in style.
You can compare air miles credit cards using SingSaver.com.sg’s comparison tools.