Horror-loving Singaporeans can reduce bill shock in 2016 with these promotions for Halloween Horror Nights.
We Singaporeans love scaring ourselves silly, but the real horror is in how easily leisure spending can stack up. With these credit card promotions, thrill-seekers can dampen the bill shock on one of our favourite Halloween events.
Now in its sixth incarnation, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Singapore is back for another season of greasepaint, mysterious fabrics and non-stop screaming. The entire theme park will once again be transformed into a gritty fantasy land filled with milling horror buffs and professional actors trying their best to scare them silly.
This year, Halloween Horror Nights 6 will include five haunted houses and two scare zones, with the entire ghastly realm ruled over by head ghoul Lady Death. The annual event will be running on selected nights from 30 September to 31 October 2016, Fridays (7.30pm to 12.30am) and Saturdays (7.30pm to 1.30am) only.
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran returning to challenge the horror fest, or a curious newbie looking to survive your first Singaporean-style horror show, arming yourself with the right credit cards will make sure the shocks goes to your hearts, not your wallets.
Mastercard Promotions for Halloween Horror Nights
Holders of Mastercard debit or credit cards can enjoy preferential entry rates, and a free drink to soothe those sore throats and jangled nerves.
- Pay $59 for one admission pass + a free drink (usual price: $65) for entry on a Friday evening
- Pay $63 for one admission pass + a free drink (usual price: $69) for entry on a Saturday evening
- Redeem your free drink at Fossil Fuels restaurant on Sentosa island
Before you run off to book your night of terror, take note that the above promotions only apply to purchases made directly at Resorts World Sentosa.
We suggest that you take the ANZ Optimum World MasterCard with you. This card lets you earn 5% cashback on dining, entertainment, retail shopping, or travel each quarter. If you happen to have the dining or entertainment cashback selected, this means an additional 5% savings on post-Halloween meals and drinks.
Maybank Promotions for Halloween Horror Nights
If you’re the holder of a Maybank credit card, the following promotions can help you get a better deal out of your sojourn into madness.
3-for-2 Exclusive Offer (best value)
- Get three admission passes for the price of two when you pay using a Maybank credit or debit card
- Pay $130 for three passes (usual price: $195 @ $65/pass) for entry on a Friday evening
- Pay $138 for three passes (usual price: $207 @ $69/pass) for entry on a Saturday evening
Can’t find a third friend to get scared with? Well fret not, you can still save up to $10 per person with the following offer:
Exclusive Rates for Halloween Horror Nights Admission Passes
- Pay $55 for one admission pass (usual price: $65) for entry on a Friday evening
- Pay $60 for one admission pass (usual price: $69) for entry on a Saturday evening
- Valid with a Maybank credit or debit card only
We recommend using the Maybank Platinum Visa to earn up to 3.33% cashback on all local purchases if you spend at least S$300 each month in a quarter. The cashback you earn automatically gets used to offset your bill, which you save at least S$30 each quarter!
Don’t have a credit card? You can compare the best credit cards in Singapore at SingSaver.com.sg.
Read This Next:
By Alevin Chan
A Certified Financial Planner with a curiosity about what makes people tick, Alevin’s mission is to help readers understand the psychology of money. He’s also on an ongoing quest to optimize happiness and enjoyment in his life.