Why should you choose the AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card?
#1: Travel in comfort with free lounge passes
Life’s about the little luxuries. With the AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card, enjoy complimentary airport lounge access where you relax and refresh in the comfort and luxury of exclusive amenities, such as shower facilities, massage services, and a delectable buffet spread paired with a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
This card offers four complimentary airport lounge access each year to any SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounge worldwide.
#2 Treat yourself to a free hotel stay
The AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card comes with a complimentary night at a Hilton property upon approval and upon renewal of the card for subsequent years.
Cash in on this free stay overseas or right here in Singapore for an unforgettable staycation. This complimentary stay is based on accommodation in a standard guest room for a maximum of two adults, and it includes room rate, service charge and tax.
You also enjoy a complimentary upgrade to the Hilton Honors Silver membership tier, unlocking 20% bonus on the base points you earn every stay.
#3 Bonus miles galore
There are more ways than one for you to accelerate your miles chase with the AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card:
- 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the very first time you charge to your card (first-time American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card applicants only)
- 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles on your first telco recurring bill spend
- 28,600 KrisFlyer miles with min. spending of S$3,000 within first three months of card approval.
Did we also mention that you earn 3.2 KrisFlyer miles per dollar on your Grab Singapore transactions? This is capped at $200 spend each month.
Are calculations not your strong suit? Well, you could earn up to 28,600 KrisFlyer miles upon annual fee payment and making a minimum spend of S$3,000 for the first three months of card approval. That’s enough miles to redeem a trip to Japan or Korea!
#4 Made for Singapore Airlines loyalists
Save on miles conversion fees! The miles you earn on your AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card is directly credited as KrisFlyer miles in your KrisFlyer account, all hassle-free and ready for your next trip abroad.
You also earn 2 air miles per $1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir mobile app, and KrisShop, with no cap on the miles you can earn.
If you are a frequent SQ traveller, you can spend $15,000 on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com within the first 12 months to be automatically upgraded to the KrisFlyer Elite Gold Membership tier. This unlocks the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge access at Changi Airport and gives you priority airport check-in.
For whom is the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card best for?
Singapore Airlines loyalists looking to accelerate their miles chase. This is also a card made for those looking for fringe benefits such as lounge access and hotel stays, on top of the usual miles earn rates. Card application is subjected to customers meeting the regulatory minimum income requirement and internal assessment.
What charges or fees should you look out for?
- Annual fee: S$340.20
- Late payment charge: $100 per month
- Minimum monthly payment: 3% of current balance or $50, whichever is higher, plus any overdue amounts
- Interest on purchases: 26.90% p.a. compounded if payment of the closing balance in your statement is not made in full; or 29.99% p.a. in the event that your account has three or more defaults and/or one default which remains unpaid for two or more consecutive months in the last 12 months
- Interest on cash advance: 26.90% p.a. compounded daily from date of withdrawal until the withdrawal amount and the relevant fees are paid in full
- At least 21 years of age
- Card application is subjected to customers meeting the regulatory minimum income requirement and internal assessment.
How to apply?
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and complete the application form on SingSaver site. You might need to prepare the following documents for the application process:
- Front and back of NRIC/Passport/Employment Pass
- Salaried employees: Past 12 months CPF statement (Singaporean/PR) or latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
- Self-employed: Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
Amex Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card Welcome Gift: Receive 21,500 KrisFlyer Miles (worth a return trip to Bali on Singapore Airlines) when you make a min. spend of S$1,000 and annual fee payment within the first month of card approval. Valid till 3 April 2023. T&Cs apply.
Plus, score a BRONZE ticket (1x chance) in our March Madness Grand Lucky Draw when you apply for a chance to win your share of over S$20,000 worth of prizes! Valid till 2 April 2023. T&Cs apply.
Read these next:
Best American Express Credit Cards In Singapore
Amex KrisFlyer Credit Card Review: Entry-Level Card For All Miles Beginners
Favourite Credit Card Combinations To Max Out Cashback And Miles (As Used By SingSaver Staffers)
Best Air Miles Credit Cards In Singapore
6 Credit Cards Which Give Free Access to Airport Lounges