The American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend card will spoil you with complimentary lounge passes, a night’s stay at a Hilton property, and seemingly unending bonus miles.
A more accessible credit card option compared to premium credit cards, the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card (AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend) caters to those with an annual income of at least $50,000.
You’ll be greeted by a good wad of bonus miles once you start swiping your AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card, by way of making your first transaction, spending on Grab services or chalking up $5,000 worth of spending in the first three months. You also earn bonus miles when you successfully refer a friend to sign up.
With these generous rewards and travel perks, it pays to spend more using the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend credit card.
What the AMEX Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend credit card can do for you
AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card product summary:
- Local spend: 1.2 KrisFlyer miles per $1
- Overseas spend: 2 KrisFlyer miles per $1 spent overseas on eligible purchases during June and December
- Income requirement: $50,000 (Singaporeans/PR), $60,000 (Foreigners)
- Minimum age: 21
- Annual fee: $337.05
|5,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles on your first credit card charge||Annual fee of $337.05|
|2 air miles per $1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir mobile app, silkair.com and KrisShop||2 miles per $1 overseas spend applicable during June and December only|
|3.2 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent on Grab Singapore transactions, up to $200 spend each calendar month||Requires minimum annual income of $50,000 for Singaporeans/PRs, $60,000 for foreigners|
|4 complimentary airport lounge access passes each year to any SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounge worldwide|
|Complimentary one night stay at participating Hilton Properties each year|
Why should you choose the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend credit card?
#1: Travel in comfort with free lounge passes
Life’s about the little luxuries. With the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card, enjoy complimentary airport lounge access where you relax and refresh in the comfort and luxury of exclusive amenities, such as shower facilities, massage services, and a delectable buffet spread paired with a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. This card offers 4 complimentary airport lounge access each year to any SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounge worldwide.
#2 Treat yourself to a free hotel stay
The AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card comes with a complimentary night at a Hilton property upon approval, and upon renewal of card for subsequent years. Cash in on this free stay overseas or right here in Singapore for an unforgettable staycation. This complimentary stay is based on accommodation in a standard guest room for a maximum of two adults, and it includes room rate, service charge and tax.
You also enjoy a complimentary upgrade to Hilton Honors Silver membership tier, unlocking 20% bonus on the base points you earn every stay.
#3 Bonus miles galore
There are more ways than one for you to accelerate your miles chase with the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card:
- 5,000 KrisFlyer miles the very first time you charge to your card (first-time American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card applicants only)
- 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles on Grab for first transaction
- 10,000 additional miles when you spend $5,000 in your first 3 months if you are new to American Express
- 7,500 KrisFlyer miles when you successfully refer a friend
- 12,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles when you upgrade from the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card (blue) to the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend
Did we also mention that you earn 3.2 miles per dollar on your Grab Singapore transactions? This is capped at $200 spend each month.
#4 Made for Singapore Airlines loyalists
Save on miles conversion fees! The miles you earn on your AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend are directly credited as KrisFlyer miles in your KrisFlyer account, all hassle-free and ready for your next trip abroad.
You also earn 2 air miles per $1 spent on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir mobile app, silkair.com and KrisShop, with no cap on the miles you can earn.
If you are a frequent SQ traveller, you can spend $15,000 on eligible purchases made on singaporeair.com within the first 12 months to be automatically upgraded to the KrisFlyer Elite Gold Membership tier. This unlocks the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge access at Changi Airport and gives you priority airport check-in.
SingSaver’s Exclusive Offer: Score $150 worth of Dairy Farm Group vouchers upon card approval and annual fee payment. Valid till 20 November 2020.
Until 30 November 2020, you could also get 10,000 bonus miles and B&O E8 2.0 Wireless Earbuds (worth $399).
For whom is the AMEX KrisFlyer Ascend card best for?
Singapore Airlines loyalists who earn at least $50,000 and are looking to accelerate their miles chase. This is also a card made for those looking for fringe benefits such as lounge access and hotel stays, on top of the usual miles earn rates.
What charges or fees should you look out for?
- Annual fee: $337.05
- Late payment charge: $90 per month
- Minimum monthly payment: 3% of current balance or $50, whichever is higher, plus any overdue amounts
- Interest on purchases: 26.90% p.a. compounded if payment of the closing balance in your statement is not made in full; or 29.99% p.a. in the event that your account has three or more defaults and/or one default which remains unpaid for two or more consecutive months in the last 12 months
- Interest on cash advance: 26.90% p.a. compounded daily from date of withdrawal until the withdrawal amount and the relevant fees are paid in full
- At least 21 years of age
- Minimum annual income for Singapore citizens and PRs: $50,000
- Minimum annual income for foreigners: $60,000
How to apply?
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and complete the application form on SingSaver site. You might need to prepare the following documents for the application process:
- Front and back of NRIC/Passport/Employment Pass
- Salaried employees: Past 12 months CPF statement (Singaporean/PR) or latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
- Self-employed: Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
Read these next:
Best American Express Credit Cards In Singapore (2020)
Amex KrisFlyer Credit Card Review: Entry-Level Card For All Miles Beginners
Favourite Credit Card Combinations To Max Out Cashback And Miles (As Used By SingSaver Staffers)
Best Air Miles Credit Cards In Singapore (2020)
6 Credit Cards Which Give Free Access to Airport Lounges