Mark your calendars for 27 November 2020 because that’s the day we succumb to the darkest parts of ourselves, venture into the deepest parts of our wallets, and indulge in a relentless day of shopping.
Following the Singles Day sales is Black Friday, made popular in the United States as a major retail event that comes right after Thanksgiving.
In Singapore, it started gaining traction after the rise of online shopping, as fiery discount hunters went from stomping over each other at physical outlets to camping out in front of their computer screens. While it’s known for the abundance of tech deals, retailers in other shopping categories from fashion to hospitality are getting in on the action as well. After all, it sets the tone for the rest of the year-end sale season (Cyber Monday, Boxing Day, 12.12 etc).
Here is a compilation of this year’s Black Friday deals and promotions in Singapore that you should look out for. And while you’re at it, check out our snazziest SingSaver Black Friday Deals (26-30 November).
Last updated on 26 November 2020. Prices and promotions for products listed in this article are subject to change without prior notice.
Best Black Friday Deals in Singapore
Fashion and Beauty
|Sephora||– 15% off select products with no minimum spend|
– 20% off with minimum spend of $150
|Zalora||Up to 70% off storewide|
|Asos||Up to 70% off storewide|
|Care to Beauty||TBA|
|Cotton On||30% off everything|
|Watsons||– $24 off minimum spending of $120 using promo code ‘24BLACK19’|
– $12 evoucher with minimum $100 nett spent
– Up to 30% off black face masks
– Up to 60% off black beauty products
– Up to 40% off charcoal products
– Buy one get one free promotions
– Free 300ml Bodum Joycup travel mug with minimum $180 spent
|Charles and Keith||– Up to 50% off online purchases, no promo code needed|
|COACH||– Up to 60% off at IMM outlet until 29 November|
|Nike||– Buy three and get additional 30% off|
– Buy four and get additional 40% off
– At IMM outlet only
|Gingersnaps||– Enjoy up to 80% off and an additional $10 off with minimum spend of $100 at Gingersnaps IMM outlet|
|Steve Madden||– All items at $69 at Takashimaya Shopping Centre outlet from 26 to 29 November|
Beauty junkies, listen up! Sephora is running a 15% discount on everything on their website for Black Friday alongside other promotions. Just a PSA: Fenty Beauty’s mattemoiselle plush matte lipstick is currently for sale at only $14.50. You know what to do.
At Zalora, Black Friday sales tie in with Cyber Monday sales, which will be on from 25 to 28 November. Expect a 70% markdown storewide for items ranging from fashion, electronics, household products and health essentials.
From 27 to 30 November, ASOS will have big discounts across 850 brands on their website, including coats, jackets, sneakers, suits, heels, and Instagram-ready party dresses. But if you can’t wait until then, you can always head straight to the outlet section (where it’s always Black Friday) and shop big brands with up to 70% off on their price tags.
Care to Beauty may have yet to announce the exact promotion they’re having, but Black Friday’s definitely happening — just take a look at the countdown timer on their website. It has also given shoppers a glimpse of the brands that will go on sale on 27 November.
If you can’t wait, sign up for their mailing list for first dibs into their Black Friday sales items.
SingSaver’s Exclusive Black Friday Deals!
The shopping season never ends! From 26 – 30 November 2020, snag a Dyson Pure Cool™ Air Purifier Tower Fan (worth $549) or cash when you’re amongst the first 10 successful applicants to apply for participating credit cards, insurance policies or personal loans at 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm daily.
|Shopee||– 15% cashback flash vouchers|
– Midnight brand flash sale, up to 90% off
– 12am and 12pm mad rush, upsized flash vouchers and deals
– $30 off for Citi credit card users with minimum spend of $200
– $15 off for Standard Chartered credit card users with minimum spend of $120
– Up to 10% rebate for UOB One card members
– $10 off when you use American Express cards for Shopee rewards gold members with minimum spend of $100
|Lazada||– $5 off with minimum spend of $60|
– $10 off with minimum spend of $120
– $15 off with minimum spend of S$150 with HSBC cards
|Qoo10||Masks from $1.99, pants and leggings at $6.90, 1-for-1 promotions|
|Amazon||– Shop early deals until 26 November|
– $15 Amazon gift card with minimum spend of $150 using Mastercard card
|Shopback||Upsized cashback for brands such as Foodpanda, Amazon, Net-A-Porter and iHerb|
As part of the Black Friday sales, Qoo10 is offering major discounts across all categories of goods throughout November. Called Black November ID Festival, the shopping website is dropping a tonne of promotions for fashion, cosmetics, food, technology and more.
|Gain City||Discounts such as $300 off on the Lenovo IdeaPad 14” and $500 off on the Philips 70” 4K Android TV|
|E1 Personal Audio Singapore||20% off on selected Audio-Technica products using promo code ‘BLACK FRIDAY 2020’ at check-out|
|Courts||18% off storewide with no minimum spend using promo code ‘BLACK18’|
|HUAWEI||– Free Creative Case worth $38 with purchase of HUAWEI FreeBuds 3|
$178 (U.P. $238)
– HUAWEI FreeBuds 3i at $128 (U.P. $168)
– HUAWEI Watch GT 2e at $178 (U.P. $218)
– HUAWEI nova 5T at $368 (U.P. $498)
– HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro at $798 (U.P. $1,298)
What is Black Friday/Cyber Monday without knocked down prices for technology? Be spoiled for choice at Courts and Gain City, where you can choose between heavily-discounted PCs, TVs, fridges and, practically, any household item you can think of.
Thinking of upgrading your earphones or headphones instead? E1 Personal Audio Singapore’s the place to go. We’d recommend you to be quick as some of their products are already sold out.
HUAWEI has come up with some rather good deals too, with reduced prices for the brand’s FreeBuds 3, FreeBuds 3i and Watch GT 2e. The biggest discount they are offering is for the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro, which can be yours at only $798. As its usual selling price is $1,298, you’re looking at a massive $500 in savings here.
Buy now, pay later plans
|Hoolah||– 15% cashback (capped at $30) with no minimum spend|
– Sure-win double cashback (capped at $60) and chance to win 10x cashback by participating in Hoolah’s social media campaign
– From 27 to 30 November 2020
|Atome||– Extra 13% off from selected partner stores (capped at $7) with minimum spending of $30|
– Sephora (26 to 30 November): 15% off, capped at $12, with minimum spending of $40 (new users only)
– IUIGA (27 to 30 November): 25% off, capped at $15, with minimum spending of $40
– OnTheList (24 to 28 November): $10 off, with minimum spending of $40
– Kinohimitsu (From 25 November): Up to 50% off storewide
From 27 November 2020:
– Topazette: 15% off with minimum purchase of 3 pieces, 20% off with 5 pieces and 25% off with 8 pieces
– Novelship: 50% off seller fees and $30 off first purchase
– STAR360: Up to 60% off storewide
– Purpur: Up to 80% off selected items
– Kimage Salon: 10% off e-vouchers using promo code ‘BLACKFRIDAY’
– Dr Martens: 20% off with minimum purchase of 2 shoes
Other promo codes:
– ‘FRIYAY8’ for $8 off $110
– ‘FRIYAY16’ for $16 off $180
Black Friday deals available in-store only:
– Herschel Supply Co: 15% regular priced items
– Melissa Shoes: 20% off minimum spending of $118, 30% off minimum spending of $158
– Timbuk2: 30% regular priced items
– m)phosis: 15% off storewide and 10% off regular priced items
– Island Shop: 22% off storewide and 10% off regular priced items
‘Buy now, pay later’ plans have been steadily rising in popularity lately. In case you haven’t heard, these plans are services that allow consumers to break up payments on their shopping into three interest-free instalments.
Hoolah is having their biggest promotion to date, with a chance to win 180% cashback with no minimum spend. Wait a minute — how does that work?
First, there’s the 15% cashback promotion. From 27 to 30 November 2020, consumers who checkout via Hoolah will get 15% cashback (capped at S$30) of their purchase made, with existing promotions or discounts by participating merchants including Nike stores operated by SUTL Group, Melissa Shoes, Paula’s Choice, and Sigi Skin at no minimum spend.
Then, be rewarded with a sure-win double cashback (capped at $60) when you do these three things: 1. ‘Like’ Hoolah’s Instagram page 2. Share their Instagram post 3. Tag them in your Instastory.
To top it off, get a chance to win 10x cashback when you take a photo of your purchase in stores, upload it as an Instagram post and share why your friends should use Hoolah, tag Hoolah and the merchant your purchased from; and use the hashtags #hoolah and #hoolahBFCM. Winners will be announced via Instagram daily from 27 to 30 November 2020.
For Atome, shoppers can enjoy additional discounts at Sephora, IUIGA and OnTheList when they check out using Atome. On top of all the discounts, the platform is also offering an extra 13% off from selected partner stores (capped at $7) with minimum spending of $30.
Other promotions to look out for
|Far East Flora||Up to 50% off selected flowers|
|Ion Orchard||1-for-1 deals, complimentary gifts, and up to 50% off selected products|
|Hong Kong Disneyland||45% off on room bookings at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and Disney Explorers Lodge|
|Nespresso||Up to 50% off selected machines and accessories|
|Expedia||– Save extra 12% on select hotels and activities when you book on Expedia app using promo code ‘GOAPP12’|
|Secretlab||– $30 off select pre-order Secretlab 2020 Series PRIME™ 2.0 PU Leather and SoftWeave® Fabric models|
– $115 off select in-stock Secretlab 2020 Series PRIME™ 2.0 PU Leather and SoftWeave® Fabric models
– $150 OFF all Secretlab 2020 Series NAPA models
|Golden Village||– Free drink for any movie ticket purchase until 2 December 2020|
– Valid at all locations except Capitol
– Wonder Woman 1984 Collectible Gift Card at $18. Includes $18 preload value to purchase tickets for any movie and F&B items, valid for walk-in purchases only
|Takashimaya||– 27 November 2020: Up to 40% off selected regular-priced items|
– 28 and 29 November 2020: Up to 70% off selected sale items
– $10 Black Friday voucher (valid for a minimum purchase of $50) for first 500 shoppers at Takashimaya physical outlet on 27 Nov
If you’re one of those lucky people who are travelling to Hong Kong under the Air Travel Bubble scheme, this Hong Kong Disneyland promo would probably come in handy because you could save some moolah after spending a bomb on COVID-19 tests and flight tickets.
But if you’re staying in Singapore, you might want to consider hopping over to Ion Orchard to feast your travel blues away with promos such as 1-for-1 lunch sets and bubble tea deals, among many others.
Use the right credit card for payment
Beyond using a promo code or a voucher for a direct discount on your purchase, you can also get more value for your spend by paying with a credit card that gives you bonus rewards, air miles, or cashback.
Here are some of the best credit cards in the market right now for online shopping.
Read these next:
Ultimate Guide To Year-End Online Shopping Events 2020 (10.10, Amazon Prime Day, 11.11, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, 12.12 & Boxing Day)
Your Ultimate Guide To Shopping On Taobao In Singapore
Best Online Shopping Credit Cards in Singapore (2020)
Sentosa Island Deals And Promotions 2020
Sightseeing, Staycations, Activities: How To Spend Your $100 SingapoRediscovers Vouchers
By Kendra Tan
Avid promo code hunter and haggler. Kendra doesn’t like paying full price for anything. She’s the best person to bring along if you’re travelling on a budget.