If you’re the head of the household with groceries and petrol as two of your key spending categories, the Citi Cash Back card is one to acquire.
Not to be confused with the Citi Cash Back+ card, which boasts a flat 1.6% cashback on all spend, the Citi Cash Back card is targeted at those with everyday household spending.
Offering 8% cashback for groceries and petrol, the Citi Cash Back card is perfect for those who frequently spend on those two categories. However, all other spend outside of groceries and petrol will earn just 0.25% cashback.
What the Citi Cash Back credit card can do for you
Citi Cash Back card product summary:
- Highest Cashback Rate: 8%
- Minimum Monthly spend: $800
- Income requirement: $30,000 (Singaporeans/PR), $42,000 (Foreigners)
- Minimum age: 21
- Annual fee: $192.60 (first year waived)
|8% cashback rate on groceries and petrol categories worldwide||Combined cashback cap of $80 across all categories|
|Fuel savings of up to 20.88% at Esso & Shell||All other retail spend outside of the two categories (groceries and petrol) earn 0.25% cashback|
|Access to both local and international deals under Citi World Privileges|
|6% cashback for dining worldwide|
|Complimentary travel insurance of up to $1 million coverage when you charge your travel tickets to the card|
Why should you choose the Citi Cash Back credit card?
#1: It’s a foodie’s best friend
The Citi Cash Back Card offers an attractive 6% cashback on your dining bills at cafes, restaurants and bars, in Singapore and overseas. This 6% cashback also applies to your meals at fast food restaurants. You might also want to keep a lookout for Citi-exclusive monthly promo codes, for your favourite online delivery platforms such as Deliveroo and foodpanda.
#2: More motivation for grocery runs
If you find yourself the designated grocery runner, get 8% cashback on your grocery spends at local supermarkets like NTUC FairPrice or Cold Storage while at it. This also includes online grocers such as Redmart and FairPrice Online for those that prefer making grocery purchases online.
#3: Pump petrol, pump up savings
Pumping petrol isn’t cheap in Singapore. If you own a car, the Citi Cash Back card can help you to get up to 20.88% in fuel savings at Esso or Shell petrol stations. You will also get 8% cashback when you pump at all other petrol stations worldwide.
#4: Your average monthly credit card spend is above $800
As luck would have it, you’ll be maximising your cashback gains from the Citi Cash Back card if your lifestyle expenditure is already falling under dining, groceries and petrol. $80 cashback is the total cap across categories for each month.
SingSaver exclusive promotion: Snag an ErgoTune Supreme (worth S$599) or an Apple Watch SE (worth S$419) or S$350 cash when you apply and make a qualifying spend of S$500 within 30 days of card approval. Existing cardmembers receive S$30 cash. Valid till 24 October 2021. T&Cs apply. Pick your Citibank card here!
For whom is the Citi Cash Back card best for?
If you’ve got your own household and car to look after, you are likely to spend on groceries and petrol, the three categories that earn an attractive 8% cashback. You’ll find that this is one of the highest cashback rates on the market for such categories. The Citi Cash Back is also made for families who regularly pay for everyday household items and meals when dining out.
What charges or fees should you look out for?
- Annual fee: $192.60 (first year waived)
- Late payment charge: $100
- Minimum monthly payment: 1% of current balance or $50, whichever is higher, plus any overdue amounts
- Overlimit fee: $40 if the total outstanding card balance exceeds the total credit limit at any time
- Interest on purchases: 26.9% per annum subjected to compounding if full payment is not made by payment due date
- Interest on cash advance: 26.9% per annum compounded daily on the amount withdrawn from the transaction date until the date that full payment is made
- At least 21 years of age
- Minimum annual income for Singapore citizens and PRs: $30,000
- Minimum annual income for foreigners: $42,000
How to apply?
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and complete the application form on SingSaver site. You might need to prepare the following documents for the application process:
- Front and back of NRIC/Passport/Employment Pass
- Salaried employees: Past 12 months CPF statement (Singaporean/PR) or latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
- Self-employed: Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
Read these next:
Best Cashback Credit Cards In Singapore
[NEW CARD] Citi Cash Back+ Mastercard® Card Review: 1.6% Cashback On All Spend
BOC Family Card Review: Upsized Cashback On Your Family Outings
UOB One Card Review: Generous Cashback Card For Grab Users And Dairy Farm Shoppers
Cashback vs Miles vs Rewards: Which Is The Best Type Of Credit Card For You?