What the BOC Family Card can do for you
BOC Family Card product summary:
- Highest Cashback Rate: 10%
- Minimum Monthly spend: $800
- Income requirement: $30,000 (Singaporeans/PR), $60,000 (Foreigners)
- Minimum age: 21
- Annual fee: $205.20 (First year waived)
|Highest cashback rate of 10% for dining and movies||Minimum monthly spend of $800
(You earn a flat 0.3% cashback if spending per billing cycle is less than $800)
|5% cashback on Family Club Merchants, which includes Best Denki, Eu Yan Sang, POPULAR Bookstore, Q&M Dental, Unity Pharmacy, Watsons etc.
||Monthly cashback cap of $100, broken down into:
- $25 for dining and movies
- $25 for Family Club Merchants
- $25 for public transport
- $25 for supermarkets, online purchases, hospitals
|3% cashback for supermarket, online purchases and hospital spend as well as public transport transactions||No cashback for fuel|
Why should you choose the BOC Family Card?
#1: Earn cashback on all your meals outside
The BOC Family Card also offers a market-leading cashback rate of 10% for dining in Singapore or overseas. This is applicable to all cafes, restaurants, and fast food restaurants (excluding all food and beverage spend within hotels and wedding banquets held in hotels). So whether you’re on a dinner date or having a family meal, this card will do the trick.
Take note of the cashback cap of $25 per month for dining and movies as a combined category.
#2: Perfect for movie-goers
It doesn't matter if your preferred cinema is Golden Village, Shaw Theatres or Cathay Cineplexes. If you’re a movie buff, earn 10% cashback on all transactions at movie theatres in Singapore by charging it to the BOC Family Card. Pretty blockbuster stuff.
#3: Your daily commute is set to be cashback-friendly
The BOC Family Card gives 3% on public transport transactions. This means that you earn 3% cashback every time you take the MRT or bus. With the cap of $25 for this category, you won’t be hitting the cap anytime soon. To put things into perspective, to get the maximum $25 cashback on a 3% cashback rate, you’re looking at spending $833 a month.
#4: It’s straight up suitable for all things family-related
As its name suggests, the BOC Family Card is an ideal card for general spending and if you’re in charge of various household bills. You earn 5% cashback on Family Club Merchants — merchants classified under the ‘Family Club’ by BOC.
This includes the likes of Best Denki, Eu Yan Sang, Harvey Norman, Motherswork, POPULAR Bookstore, Q&M Dental, Unity Pharmacy, Watsons and more.
You can also earn 3% cashback on groceries, online shopping, telco bills and even hospital bills.
Do take note of the minimum monthly spend of $800 as well as the cashback cap of $25 per category, and up to $100 cashback cap per month.
What charges or fees should you look out for?
- Annual fee: $205.20 (First year waived)
- Late payment charge: 5% per month of the minimum payment sum (subject to a minimum of $100 per month)
- Minimum monthly payment: 3% of current balance or $50, whichever is higher
- Overlimit fee: $40 if the total outstanding card balance exceeds the total credit limit at any time
- Interest on card transactions: 28.88% per annum if full payment is not made by payment due date
- Interest on cash advance: 28.88% per annum on the amount withdrawn from the transaction date until the date that full payment is made
- At least 21 years of age
- Minimum annual income for Singapore citizens and PRs: $30,000
- Minimum annual income for foreigners: $60,000
How to apply?
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and complete the application with code MBSS if you’re applying from SingSaver. You might need to prepare the following documents for the application process:
- Front and back of NRIC/Passport/Employment Pass
- Salaried employees: Past 12 months CPF statement (Singaporean/PR) or latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
- Self-employed: Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and latest original computerised payslip
Should you get the BOC Family Card?
BOC has made it quite explicit in the naming that it is the card to get for families, especially if it's a family of foodies. This card also wouldn't be out of place if you're always dining out with your 'squad', in the looser sense of the word 'family'.
Read these next:
Best Cashback Credit Cards In Singapore
Best Grocery Credit Cards in Singapore
Best Petrol Credit Cards in Singapore
UOB One Card Review: Generous Cashback Card For Grab Users And Dairy Farm Shoppers
Citi Cash Back+ Mastercard® Card Review: 1.6% Cashback On All Spend
Citi Cash Back Credit Card Review (2023): 8% Cashback On Groceries And Petrol, 6% On Dining
POSB Everyday Card Review (2023): Will This Be Your Favourite Card?
Credit Card Comparison: UOB One vs CIMB Visa Signature vs BOC Family
Maybank Family & Friends Review: 8% Cashback On Your Favourite Categories
5 Things To Love About OCBC 365 Credit Card
OCBC 365 Credit Card Review (2023): Cashback Card For Day-to-Day Spending
5 Types of Singaporeans Who Are Missing Out on Cashback Credit Cards
Best Bank Of China Credit Cards in Singapore