This coming Valentine’s Day, indulge yourself and your loved one like never before with the most romantic staycations in Singapore.
Love is in the air! This coming Valentine’s Day, indulge yourself and your loved one like never before with the most romantic staycations in Singapore. Save the money on airfare, and pick one of these 5 staycation options instead that will allow you to cosy up with your lover right here in our little red dot. With prices that suit a range of budgets, your 2019 Valentine’s getaway will be truly unforgettable.
For Decadent Old World Charm: Six Senses Duxton
If Chinatown is the oyster, then Six Senses Duxton must be one of its precious pearls. Located in the historical belt, where streets are lined with quaint and lovely shophouses, the Six Senses will transport you to a bygone era of romance and sophistication.
With rooms tastefully designed to reflect different facets of Singapore’s rich heritage, the specialty suites on offer are guaranteed to intoxicate you with their opulence. Out of a few themes to choose from, our top picks are the Duxton Duplex and Montgomerie Suites. Be treated like royalty if you book any of these two luxurious suites, for your arrival and departure transfers will be very well taken care of by Six Senses’ very own London Black Cab, Sir Harold.
Duxton Duplex Suite
Spanning over two floors and covering an area of about 41 sqm, this lofty suite with high ceilings and an eye-catching spiral staircase will make you feel right at home. Complete with an ensuite bathroom, lounge, dining table, mini-bar, flat panel television with satellite channels etc, couples will want to sleep in all day on the very comfortable Naturalmat organic mattress.
To pay homage to Singapore’s colourful colonial past, this lavish suite is named after the Montgomerie family (1850s) who used to be the owners of the shophouses which make up Six Senses today.
Occupying an area of 41 sqm, couples will be delighted to relax on the four poster bed and the spacious living room and lounge area, all exquisitely designed by Anouska Hempel.
The Opium Room
For the more budget conscious who desire to savour what Six Senses has to offer, the Opium Room is an amazing alternative. Spanning 27 sqm, the decadent atmosphere of this modern interpretation of the notorious opium dens, which used to occupy the area’s shophouses, will put you in the mood for love.
The stunning four poster bed, plush fabrics, elegant lacquerware, and stylish furnishings will make your romantic staycation absolutely sensational!
All rooms at Six Senses come with bathroom amenities by the Organic Pharmacy, Six Senses drinking water, tea and coffee making facilities, free Wi-Fi, and more.
- 10 percent savings on the Best Available Rate
- Round trip airport transfer by Sir Harold for two guests
- Welcome amenities
- Daily breakfast for two guests at Yellow Pot restaurant
- One time six-course set dinner for two guests at the Yellow Pot restaurant
Terms & Conditions:
- Applicable for Duxton Duplex Suite and Montgomerie Suite only.
- Valid for direct bookings via the official website. Alternatively, you can give them a call at 6914 1428 or email the reservations department at email@example.com for more information.
- Validity: Now until March 31, 2019
Six Senses Duxton
83 Duxton Rd
For Sensuous Vintage Glamour: The Vagabond Club, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
A boutique hotel unlike any other, the sensuous interior and extravagant décor of The Vagabond Club hotel will blow your mind away. See the dazzling displays of over 1000 bottles of alcohol at the Whiskey Library and try some award-winning whiskeys with your loved one.
Not your ordinary hotel, the Vagabond Club is also a haven for art-connoisseurs. Get a complimentary tour of the Club’s permanent collection, current installation or mingle with the artist in residence.
Step into the Vagabond Salon and get lost in an era of old-world charm. With plush furnishings inspired by Parisian chic, you can even watch a complimentary movie in style or listen to a live Jazz quartet.
For the ultimate sexy staycation, the Vagabond Club has concocted the irresistible ‘Lovers’ Escape’ for that perfect ‘Vagabond Valentine Vacation’. With a boudoir-inspired room, elegantly furnished with swanky velvet and classic furnishings, get ready for that perfect rendezvous with your lover.
To turn the ‘heat’ up a few notches, be greeted by a complimentary bottle of Prosecco and chocolate-coated strawberries upon entering your room.
- Receive a Voucher for 15% discount for all drinks and bar bites at The Whiskey Library and Bar Vagabond
- Participate in a lucky draw to win a bottle of whiskey at The Whiskey Library upon consumption of any whiskies from The Whiskey Library Menu
- A la carte breakfast for two (per stay)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6291 6677 for enquiries
The Vagabond Club, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
39 Syed Alwi Road
For Sleeping Under The Stars: Glamping Society
Want to try something new this Valentine’s Day? Why not make your romantic staycation a ‘non-concrete’ one and sleep under the moonlight and twinkling stars? Instead of going for the conventional concept of staying in a hotel, you can snuggle up with your loved one in a canvas bell tent with a unique glamping (‘glamorous camping’) experience.
With the camping area located next to the sea, you can wake up to the sound of waves gently lapping on the shores. Catch the stunning sunset or simply take a stroll on the beach together with your partner.
View this post on Instagram
Your glamping adventure starts from S$150 a night, but for an additional S$150, you can transform your tent into a romantic playground.
A picnic area will be set up for you under a lovely lace gazebo. The price also includes sparkling wine, sandwiches and cakes.
- Check in at 3pm, check out at 12 pm.
- Book the camping permit for free online or through any AXS machines. You can also book the BBQ pits online or through any AXS machines for a fee.
- Camping Permit Application: https://estation.axs.com.sg/NParks_Camping/Internet/index.php
- BBQ Pit Application: https://e-station.axs.com.sg/NParks/Internet_Payment/
- Shower and toilet facilities are not provided, however public toilets and showering facilities* are located near the campsite. *Showering Facilities are only available at East Coast Park.
- There are power outlets at the Punggol Site. However, there are none at the East Coast Park tents.
- Tents are only pitched at NParks approved campsites: at East Coast Park Area G BBQ pit 65-80, for Punggol, it will be at 50E Punggol East.
- For bookings, enquiries, and check-in, please call 8751 5339 or email email@example.com (Weekdays 10 am – 6 pm)
For Heritage Romance: Hotel Fort Canning
Fly your special someone to the moon and back with Hotel Fort Canning’s “Valentine’s in the Park” package. Located in an urban oasis, with its central location and tranquil vibes, the venue makes for a perfect romantic getaway.
From S$395++ per night for a deluxe room, you can expect to have a lovey-dovey time with a premium bubble bath filled with floral petals, just steps from the bed! To spice up your romantic staycation, a complimentary bottle of Prosecco, fresh berries, and pair love squirrel plushies await you.
Unwind in the generously sized free-standing tub before enjoying unlimited wines and canapes served during Aperitif Hour. Wake up to the smell of coffee from your own in-room Nespresso coffee machine before enjoying a breakfast buffet for two at The Salon. With the “Valentine’s in the Park” room package, you’re entitled to exclusive savings on a four-course Valentine’s set dinner at The Salon, and pampering treatments at Chinois Spa, the latter of which uses COSMOS-Natural and COSMOS-Organic certified products to knead your stress away and renew your senses.
Details of the “Valentine’s in the Park” package:
- Price is per room per night, inclusive of breakfast buffet for 2, a bottle of Prosecco, a serving of fresh berries, premium bubble bath with flower petals, a stalk of rose, a pair of HFC love squirrel plushies, unlimited wines and canapes during Aperitif Hour, and unlimited free Wi-Fi.
- Advance booking is required and subject to availability
- 15% savings on a four-course Valentine’s Set Dinner at The Salon
- Up to 35% savings on massages and facial treatments at Chinois Spa
- Valid for stays from 9–17 February 2019
- For reservations, please call 6559 6769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Fort Canning
11 Canning Walk
For Quiet Respite: Pegasus Hotel
Celebrate your Valentine’s Day in the heart of the lush greenery of Bukit Timah where Pegasus Boutique Hotel is nicely nestled. Perfect for a respite from the hustle and bustle of urban life, this iconic heritage building will charm you at first sight.
Priced affordably at around S$185 (Before GST) for a Superior King room, you will also get to enjoy free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room service, and use of the BBQ pits and swimming pool.
Wake up to clean, fresh forest air and the sweet melodies of birds chirping. You can choose to have a hearty breakfast at the hotel’s café or head for the myriad of dining options nearby.
Riders Café, owned by Jan Yeo, will fill your belly with delectable comfort food in a pleasant colonial setting. For lunch, tantalise your taste buds at the Royal Thai Restaurant, with its delicious array of offerings or indulge in local goodies at Kopitown. If champagne and strawberries aren’t available, why not make your Valentine’s Day ‘uniquely Singaporean’ with Mao Shan Wang and Tiger beer at ‘Durian Lingers’?
To enrich your Valentine’s staycation, the vicinity also offers easy access to fun activities that couples will enjoy. Pick up some golf skills at Champions Golf, race against your partner at the Karting Arena, battle it out at the Red Dynasty Paintball Park or ride into the romantic sunset with your significant other at Gallop’s Stable.
Pick up some vintage items at Antique Row (Junkie’s Corner), shop at the Grandstand or simply take a walk and try to spot some monkeys and squirrels amongst the trees.
After a long day, let the masseuse of Edes Spa rejuvenate your senses and calm your body. Complete your day with a wonderful dinner and wind down with a drink at the bar of Tin Hill Social.
For room reservations, please call 8577 9550 or 6314 428, or email email@example.com
100 Turf Club Road
Unlock Love with SingSaver’s Whole Month of Giveaways!
Thinking of whisking your partner away for a romantic staycation soon? How about winning a 1-night stay for yourself at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore worth S$485? Or a 90-minute couple’s massage from g.spa worth S$460?
This February 2019, Unlock Love with any credit card, travel insurance, or personal loan appliacation made through our campaign page – there are over S$50,000 worth of Valentine’s gifts to be won under dining, shopping, and travel! Highlights include Singapore Flyer Sky Dining for 2, GoPro Hero 7, Tiffany & Co. bracelet, and vouchers from CapitaLand, Sephora, Vaniday, Grab, Qoo10, and many, many more.
What to read next:
8 Affordable Wedding Venues in Singapore
How to Be Budget Smart When Planning Your Wedding
Best Credit Cards For Paying Utility Bills
10 Travel Bucket List Experiences That You Should Buy Travel Insurance For
4 Credit Cards You Can Use As Your EZ-Link Card
By Zann Huang
A recipient of the Magnum Foundation Emergency Grant in 2014, my photos from the Middle East and Asia have also been published in Time Magazine and Le Monde etc. My written work ranges from travel, politics (Mid-East) to the environment and finance-related matters.