The American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Card is the card if you’re looking for a fuss-free way to earn KrisFlyer miles with every charge. Because the credit card is by Singapore Airlines, it’s automatically linked to SIA’s frequent flyer program and there are no inconvenient conversion or transfer fees to think about.
It also offers one of the quickest ways to earn 13,800 KrisFlyer miles. No payment of annual fee is required. This is how it works:
- First charge on card: Bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles (only for new cardholders)
- S$3,000 spend in first 3 months: 5,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles
- $3,000 spend in first 3 months (@ 1.1 miles/dollar): Additional 3,300 KrisFlyer miles
- First charge on Grab: 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles on first Grab booking with card
Doing the math, that works out to 13,800 miles that will be transferred directly to your KrisFlyer account (without any conversion or transfer fee). Enough for an economy class return flight to Bali! The only drawback is the low miles per dollar earn rate of 1.1 KrisFlyer miles (local spend) and 2 KrisFlyer miles (overseas spend).
High miles earn rate for Grab rides
Earn 3.1 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent on Grab and Uber rides, capped at S$200 each calendar month. That works out to 7,400 KrisFlyer miles annually if you’re already spending $200 on Grab rides each month.
While other cards may offer up to 15% cash back on Grab rides, they also require a minimum spend per month which may be hard to meet. With the KrisFlyer Credit Card, there’s no need for any minimum spend on Grab rides per month. In addition, receive a bonus 500 KrisFlyer miles for your first Grab transaction on the card.
Forget about conversion fees, application forms for miles transfer
All KrisFlyer miles earned on your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card are credited directly into your KrisFlyer account without any conversion or transfer fee.
Complimentary travel insurance of up to S$350,000
Charge your travel tickets to the KrisFlyer Credit Card and be covered against travel delays and travel accident benefits of up to S$350,000. Any ticket purchase on singaporeair.com, SingaporeAir mobile app, silkair.com will earn 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent with no cap as well.
- S$150 cashback at Singapore Airlines: Receive S$150 cashback for your next purchase on singaporeair.com if you spend S$12,000 on eligible purchases (from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021)
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards: Be accorded Gold Plus Rewards at Hertz and other benefits like 10% discounts on car rentals and car class upgrades when you book through Hertz.
Prefer a different credit card? Compare best deals on cashback and air miles credit cards on SingSaver
What to read next:
StanChart Unlimited Card Review: Fuss-free Cash Back Card
Citi Cash Back Card: Great Multi-Purpose Card
Cashback or Rewards Credit Cards: Which is Better?
6 Credit Cards That Give Free Access To Airport Lounges
Amex, Mastercard or Visa: Which is Better for Travel?
By Rohith Murthy
Rohith leads SingSaver, a financial comparison site aimed at helping consumers in Singapore save money and time by finding the right financial products.