With responsible use, the UOB One Card gives as much as 5% rebate across ALL expenses. Here’s how to stack up your savings with it.
The SingSaver.com.sg team is a huge fan of cashback credit cards. When used correctly, they can save hundreds of dollars a year.
Each cashback card is great for different purposes; some cards are better for petrol, some cards are great for groceries. But there’s one card that is great across all expenses: the UOB One Card.
With up to 5% cashback on all your purchases, it’s no wonder you can save up to S$1,200 a year with the card. That’s almost the price of an iPhone 6S Plus!
Because there’s a tiered system, you’ll get rewarded accordingly to how much you’ve charged to the card. A monthly spend of S$500 to S$1,999 will get you up to 3.33% rebate, while a monthly spend of above S$2,000 will get you up to 5% rebate. However, this is only applicable if there is a consistent spend over a period of three statement months based on your qualifying quarters.
Here’s an example of how much you can save according to amount spent monthly:
Amount Spent Monthly
Cash Rebate %
Amount Earned Monthly
Amount Earned Annually
|S$500||Up to 3.33%||S$16.67||S$200|
|S$1,000||Up to 3.33%||S$33.30||S$400|
|S$2,000||Up to 5%||S$100||S$1,200|
Save more with UOB One Account and One Card. Enjoy up to 3.33% interest p.a. on savings in UOB One Account with S$500 minimum spend every calendar month on your UOB One Card. The interest on savings also works on a tiered system, as shown below:
Amount in Bank
|First S$10,000||Next S$20,000||Next S$20,000||Next S$50,000|
% Interest when You Spend S$500 on Your UOB One Card
|1% p.a.||1.5% p.a.||2% p.a.||0.05% p.a.|
% Interest when You Spend S$500 on Your UOB One Card AND Credit Your Salary in Account OR Perform 3 Giro Transactions
|1.5% p.a.||2% p.a.||3.33% p.a.||0.05% p.a.|
- Rebate is rewarded quarterly
- To qualify for the rebate, you’ll need to spend over a period of three months based on your qualifying quarter with a minimum of three purchases monthly
- The maximum cashback you can get is S$1,200 per year
- Maximum effective interest rate (EIR) on the One Account is 1.60% p.a. for deposits of S$50,000, provided you meet the criteria of S$500 Card Spend
- Maximum effective interest rate (EIR) on the One Account is 2.43% p.a. for deposits of S$50,000, provided you meet both criteria of S$500 Card Spend and S$2,000 salary credit or 3 GIRO debits per month
Other Key Bonuses Include:
- Up to 22.9% petrol savings at Caltex and up to 24% at SPC petrol kiosks
- 1-for-1 offers/up to 50% discount at restaurants under the UOB Dining Privileges program
- Up to 20% additional SMART$ rebate at over 900 participating merchants with UOB SMART$ Rebate Programme
- Welcome offer: Limited edition UOB One Card and up to S$80 worth of cash credit, while stocks last
How to Qualify:
A minimum income of S$30,000 is needed for Singaporeans/PRs and S$40,000 for foreigners. You’ll need to be at least 21 years old to apply. Supplementary cardholders have to be at least 18 years old to apply.
Annual fees are S$128.40 with first year free, and S$64.20 for supplementary cards (first is free).
The UOB One Card looks promising as the card with the most cashback for all categories of spend. With a multi-purpose card like this in your wallet, you can save a lot more if you make different types of purchases monthly.