There are no shortage of ways to use your $100 SingapoRediscovers vouchers (SRV), but unless you plan to spend them exactly on the dot, you’re going to have to fork out some of your own money in the process (which, I believe, is probably the idea in the first place!).
This, then, begs the question: which credit card should you use to pay the balance? In order to capture your SRV spending, banks have rolled out various promotions and discounts for their cardholders. In this post, we'll look at bank-specific promotions which help you save money, as well as the cards which earn the most miles on SRV bookings.
From 1-31 December 2020, Citibank customers will receive a $10 return voucher when they spend their SRV on Traveloka. The hotel voucher must be used from 1 January-30 June 2021 with a min. spend of $100 — capped at 166 redemptions per month.
From 1 December 2020 to 30 June 2021, DBS and POSB cardholders can enjoy an assortment of promotions across the five authorised booking platforms.
- Changi Recommends: 10% off SRV bookings with no minimum spend, capped at $10 and limited to the first 1,200 redemptions per month
- GlobalTix: $5 foodpanda voucher with any spend when redeeming SRV, limited to first 300 redemptions weekly
- Klook: $10 Klook return voucher with every SRV booking, limited to first 1,400 redemptions per month
- Traveloka: $10 Traveloka return voucher, limited to first 1,800 redemptions till 31 December 2020. From 1 Jan-30 Jun 2021, save 15% on hotel bookings (capped at $15 with a minimum spend of $50) for the first 900 redemptions per month. Save 10% on tour/attraction bookings (capped at $10 with a minimum spend of $30) for the first 900 redemptions per month
- Trip.com: Get $4 off with a minimum spend of $30 for the first 1,250 redemptions per month (use code DBSHTL4 for hotels, DBS NT4 for tours & tickets). Get $15 off with a minimum spend of $100 for the first 1,000 redemptions per month (use code DBS TL15 for hotels, DBSTNT15 for tours & tickets).
To take advantage of these offers, simply pay the balance with your DBS/POSB credit card.
From 1 December 2020 to 31 January 2021, HSBC is offering a 10% cash rebate (capped at $25) when you spend your SRV on approved booking platforms. For example, if I book a staycation worth $150 and pay $100 with my SRV, I’ll earn $5 in cash rebates (10% of $50).
Cardholders will need to register for this offer, and can do so by sending the following SMS to 74722:
OFFER<space>Last 4 alphanumeric characters of your NRIC (for Singaporeans or PRs) or passport<space>REBATE
Registration is capped at the first 1,000 cardholders, and cash rebates will be credited to your HSBC credit card account by 28 February 2021.
From 1-31 December 2020, OCBC cardholders who spend their SRV at Changi Recommends will get a 9% discount, capped at $6 per booking, when they use the code OCBCCRSRV9. This is capped at the first 1,000 redemptions.
During the same period, they will also enjoy a $10 return voucher when spending with Traveloka, which can be used on hotel transactions from 1 January-30 June 2021 with a min. spend of $100. This is capped at the first 1,810 redemptions.
From 1 December 2020 to 30 June 2021, UOB cardholders who make SRV bookings on Klook will enjoy:
- $5 off with minimum surplus spend of $30
- $20 off with minimum surplus spend of $100
Each Klook user can use this promotion twice from now till 30 June 2021. There are limited redemptions available per month (December is already fully redeemed) with the limit reset on the 1st of each month. All bookings have to be made via Klook’s website or mobile app.
Which cards earn the most miles for SingapoRediscovers bookings?
ChangiRecommends, GlobalTix, Klook, Traveloka and Trip.com will code as MCC 4722: Travel Agencies and Tour Operators. This means you can use the following cards to earn the most miles on your bookings:
|DBS Woman’s World Card||4 mpd||Capped at $2K per calendar month|
|HSBC Revolution||4 mpd||Capped at $1K per calendar month|
|UOB Lady’s Card*||4 mpd||Capped at $1K per calendar month|
|UOB Lady’s Solitaire*||4 mpd||Capped at $3K per calendar month|
|DBS Altitude||3 mpd||Capped at $5K per calendar month|
|KrisFlyer UOB Credit Card||3 mpd||Min. $500 spend on SIA Group per year, only valid with Travelok and Trip.com|
*UOB Lady’s Card members must register travel as their quarterly 10X category in order to enjoy 4 mpd.
Remember that this can be stacked with the discounts shown above, so plan accordingly. For example, a HSBC Revolution cardholder could earn 4 mpd on Klook, while also enjoying a 10% rebate (capped at $25).
Most of these offers come with monthly caps, which will reset on the first of each month, so if the one you’re looking at has been fully redeemed, do consider waiting till January. Remember that you can use your SRV up till 30 June 2021, so there's no rush.
Read these next:
SingapoRediscovers Vouchers: Spend Your $100 On These Hotels, Ranked By Star Ratings
Sightseeing, Staycations, Activities: How To Spend Your $100 SingapoRediscovers Vouchers
Late-Night Activity Ideas: Singapore Edition 2020
Staycation Hacks: 7 Ways To Save On Your Next Local Getaway
Sentosa Island: Entrance Fee And Parking Rates