Looking for a life insurance policy that can provide you with comprehensive coverage? If so, you may want to consider China Taiping.
China Taiping Insurance (Singapore) has been providing quality insurance policies to Singaporeans for many years, and they are known for their excellent customer service. The company was founded in 1938 and offers a wide range of policies. These policies can provide you with coverage for your death, as well as for critical illnesses and accidents, besides others.
Related to this topic:
What Happens If You’re Under-insured Against Critical Illness?
Best Critical Illness Insurance Plans In Singapore (March 2022)
Critical Illness vs Cancer Insurance Plans: A Critical Comparison
Best Cancer Insurance Plans In Singapore (March 2022)
Changes to Definition of ‘Critical Illness’ in Life Insurance Policies
What are the benefits of choosing China Taiping’s life insurance?
There are many benefits from choosing China Taiping (Singapore)’s life insurance. Some of the key benefits include:
- Comprehensive coverage: China Taiping’s life insurance includes a variety of policies that can provide you with comprehensive coverage. This includes coverage for death, critical illnesses, and total and permanent disability.
- Discounts and bonuses: China Taiping offers a variety of discounts and bonuses, including discounts for non-smokers and those who sign up for multiple policies.
- Excellent customer service: You can easily manage your policy online and get help when you need it, including 24 hour customer support.
Different types of policies offered
China Taiping offers both whole life and term life insurance policies. This means that they can provide you with a policy that meets your specific needs.
Whole life insurance
This is a great way to secure your financial future. China Taiping offers five different types of whole life plans:
- i-Secure Legacy protects you against death, terminal sickness, and total and permanent disability. You'll be able to add a 4X multiplier, two critical illness riders, and premium waiver riders to your policy.
- i-Cash Plus (III) promises you yearly cashback plus non-guaranteed cash dividends. You also have the option of choosing a 5-year premium term. Your family will get 105% of all premiums paid, plus a non-guaranteed terminal dividend, in the case of your death.
- Direct - Whole Life (II) – In the case of a terminal disease, total and permanent disability, or death, the Direct Whole Life insurance plan will pay you a lump sum payout. You can also pick your payment terms and add critical illness riders.
- Infinite Legacy (II) plus Infinite Harvest (III) are perfect if you're looking at passing on some wealth after retirement.
Term life insurance
China Taiping offers two term life insurance plans:
- Direct Term plan – which provides coverage terms of 5 years, 20 years or up to age 65.
- i-Protect offers terms from 11 to 40 years, or until age 65, 75 or 85.
Below, we break down China Taiping’s two main whole and term life plans: i-Secure Legacy and i-Protect.
i-Secure Legacy provides lifelong protection from terminal illness, death or total and permanent disability in exchange for regular premiums. It's the perfect way to make sure you have sufficient funds when tragedy strikes. Some of the features of i-Secure include:
Premium waiver riders
If you die, have a critical illness, or become totally and permanently disabled, China Taiping will waive all future premiums on your policy. This means that your loved ones will not have to worry about paying for the policy after you pass away or become critically ill.
Types of waiver riders offered by i-Secure
- Payer Rider: Future premiums on your or your child's plan are waived if you die, or if you have a total and permanent disability, or if you have a terminal illness.
- Enhanced Payer Rider: Have future premiums for your or your child's plan waived in the event of terminal illness, total and permanent disability, death, or the advanced stage of a critical illness.
- Early Payer Rider: Your future premiums are waived in the event of death, terminal illness or total and permanent disability.
- Enhanced Waiver Rider: After diagnosis of a severe advanced-stage covered critical illness, future premiums are waived.
- Early Waiver Rider: Identical to Enhanced Waiver Rider, but provides coverage for all stages of critical illness.
- Spouse Rider: In the event of death, terminal illness, or total and permanent disability, have future premiums for your spouse's plan that you're paying waived.
- Enhanced Spouse Rider: If you die, have a terminal illness, are totally and permanently disabled, or are diagnosed with the advanced stage of a critical illness, future payments for your spouse's plan that you're paying are waived.
- Early Spouse Rider: Similar to Spouse Rider; however, it includes all stages of a covered critical illness.
Base sum assured
The base sum assured is the amount of money your beneficiaries will receive if you pass away while the policy is in effect. The minimum sum assured starts at S$75,000.
i-Secure allows you to add a multiplier. A multiplier allows for guaranteed benefits of two, three or four times of the base sums assured until age 76 or 86.
Flexible premium terms
You can pay premiums for i-Secure over 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years.
Critical illness riders
You can add on critical illness riders that will pay out lump sum benefits if you are diagnosed with the covered critical illnesses. AdvancedCare Rider covers 44 advanced stage critical illnesses, while EarlyCare Rider covers the early, intermediate and advanced stages of the critical illnesses as well as 12 juvenile conditions and 12 special conditions.
i-Protect provides coverage for death or terminal illness and guarantees at least S$200,000 as its minimum sum assured. The policy offers a range of flexible terms, starting at 11 years and going all the way up to 40 years, or when the insured reaches age 65, 75 or 85. It also includes guaranteed renewability with either 5- or 10-year policies up to 85 years old.
If the policyholder dies while the policy is in effect, the beneficiaries will receive the sum assured plus any bonuses accrued after deduction of any payables.
And if the policyholder is diagnosed with a terminal illness, they will receive the sum assured plus any bonuses accrued after deducting any payables. The policy will also be terminated and will require no further premiums.
Riders offered by i-Protect
A few riders are available with the i-Protect policy, which you can add for an additional cost:
- DisabilityCare Rider: You will get a lump sum payout due to total and permanent disability.
- AdvancedCare Rider: If a patient is diagnosed with any of the 55 covered advanced stage critical illnesses, the rider pays out a lump sum.
- EarlyCare Rider: You'll get a lump sum payment if you're diagnosed with any of the covered 149 conditions at any stage, as well as benefits for 12 special conditions.
Pros and cons of using China Taiping’s life insurance
- The company has been in business for over 80 years.
- They offer a wide range of policies to choose from, including whole life, term life and critical illness insurance.
- You can manage your account, policy details and claims online.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day.
- You can pay your premiums online.
- Policies are only available in Chinese and English.
- Some riders may be expensive.
Which life insurance policy from China Taiping is the best?
The best China Taiping life insurance policy for you will depend on your needs and budget. If you're looking for a policy with a death benefit, then i-Protect is a good option. If you're looking for a policy with both a death benefit and disability coverage, then i-Secure Legacy might better suit your needs.
We all know that cancer treatment is expensive. Did you know that you can get the best cancer insurance plans on SingSaver? These cancer insurance plans cover both early and advanced stages, and a variety of options for your benefit payout.
All You Need To Know About Insurance Policies
Prudential PRUWealth & PRUWealth II Review
5 Best Term Insurance Plans In Singapore (2023)
Is Whole Life Insurance Worth It?
Attention, HDB Flat Owners: 10 Things You Need To Know About The Home Protection Scheme
Dependants’ Protection Scheme Guide – Criteria, Coverage, Premiums And Claims
Great Family Care Review: A Multi-Generational Critical Illness Plan for the Whole Family
6 Signs You Need an Insurance Rider For Your Insurance Plan