Promotions, seasonal menu items and hacks on how to save, here’s your essential guide to what’s cooking at McDonald’s this month.
Love it or hate it, but you cannot ignore McDonald’s. You’d most likely end up ordering in from here regardless of your mood or occasion. It could be for a quick breakfast with the folks, after a night on the town or simply because you want a box of 20-piece McNuggets and a McFlurry to celebrate singlehood — McDonald’s has always been the go-to. Which is why for many (including us), it felt like the world was caving in when McDonald’s abruptly announced that it was going to close until further notice.
Thankfully, that only lasted a little over 3 weeks (phew!). So if you’re like us and you can’t wait to get your McDonald’s fix, here’s what you need to know about their new opening hours, and how to save on your next McDelivery or GrabFood order.
Last updated on 6 January 2021. McDonald’s promotions and deals are subject to change without prior notice.
Why did McDonald’s close during the Circuit Breaker?
Even though they were on the list of essential shops allowed to remain open during the Circuit Breaker, McDonald’s decided to close on 18 April 2020 as a preventive measure to contain the community spread of COVID-19 and protect their senior staff. This came a few days after five of their employees tested positive for COVID-19.
Has McDonald’s changed their opening hours?
During Phase 2 of post-Circuit Breaker, most of McDonald’s restaurants (including those which are situated in parks), McCafé counters and dessert kiosks will be open daily. Opening hours vary depending on outlet, but in general, they are open from 6am to 12am daily. Some McDelivery, GrabFood and selected Drive-Thrus are open until 2am.
Dining-in at your favourite McDonald’s is now possible. In accordance to social distancing guidelines, during your next visit you will find that tables have been placed 1-meter apart, seats are marked and protective shields have been installed at the front counter.
Any other changes?
Yes, just one more. McDelivery is now be 100% contactless and will not be accepting cash upon delivery. Instead, it will only be accepting cashless payments like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, NETS, NETS Flashpay, EZ Link, Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
Current McDonald’s promotions and new menu items
- Add spice into your day with Spicy Chicken McNuggets that are available in boxes of 6, 9 and 20 or as part of a Happy Sharing Box.
- Delivery-exclusive breakfast bundles: Being the most important meal of the day, McDelivery has created 2 special breakfast bundles that are good for 2 to 3 persons.
- The first bundle consists of 2 Extra Value Meals, a Breakfast Deluxe and a Sausage McMuffin with Egg. Prices start from $14.40.
- The second bundle consists of 2 Extra Value Meals, a Breakfast Deluxe and a Sausage McMuffin with Egg, and a Hot Cakes Happy Meal. Prices start from $19.30.
- Breakfast McSaver Meals: With prices starting from an affordable $4.50, there’s no reason to skip breakfast. The meal comes with Chicken McMuffin, Sausage McMuffin or EggMcMuffin, a hashbrown and a beverage of your choosing. Available only at restaurants during breakfast hours.
- Beat the heat with a Bandung (rose-flavoured) Cone, McFlurry or Strawberry Sundae. Prices start at $1.20 for a cone, and you can get them at your nearest McDonald’s Dessert Kiosk after breakfast hours.
- Mala McShaker Fries: For a limited time only, indulge in the salty and numbingly delicious Mala McShaker Fries! Simply upsize your meal or purchase a large portion of fries to receive the Mala seasoning.
- My McDonald’s app exclusive 1-for-1 promotions for January include:
- 7 and 8: 1-for-1 Sausage McMuffin with Egg, with any purchase (a la carte, breakfast hours only)
- 11 to 13: 1-for-1 Double Filet-o-Fish (a la carte, all-day)
- 14 and 15: 1-for-1 Breakfast Wrap Chicken Sausage (a la carte, breakfast hours only)
- 18 to 20: Breakfast family meal for 3 from $14.50, original price from $17.70 (breakfast hours only)
- 25 to 27: 1-for-1 Breakfast Deluxe (a la carte, breakfast hours only)
How much does a McDonald’s Extra Value Meal cost now?
No, you’re not wrong. Over the years, their prices have increased considerably. Remember not so long ago, double cheeseburgers would come for a mere $2? Fast forward to 2020, a regular cheeseburger on McDelivery costs $3.20 — almost twice the price!
Apart from the overall price increase, how much each meal costs also depends on whether you are ordering at a restaurant or on McDelivery. At restaurants, you will still find the budget-friendly $5 McChicken and Filet-O-Fish Extra Value Meals hidden behind main menu items.
For those ordering on McDelivery, the cheapest meal you can find is a McChicken Extra Value Meal, which is priced at $5.95 and the most expensive, an Angus BLT Extra Value Meal, which would set you back by a whopping $9.80. Oh, and this doesn’t even include the $4.00 delivery charge.
Are there any other ways to save on my McDonald’s order?
You can save on your next McDonald’s order with My McDonald’s mobile app or placing your order on GrabFood and paying for your order with the right credit card.
My McDonald’s mobile app
Download the My McDonald’s mobile app and register for an account to get access to daily in-store deals and promotions. They include 4 pieces of McNuggets for $1 on Mondays, McFlurry for $2 on Tuesdays, McWings at 50% off on Wednesdays, 2 desserts for $2 on Thursdays and 2 Frappes for $5 on Fridays.
McDonald’s x GrabFood
GrabFood has its own set of monthly promo codes that gives you a discount on your entire bill. Your savings could range from $3 to $8, depending on your user type (new or existing) and how much your total bill is.
While you are ordering up a storm on McDonald’s, don’t forget to swipe it on the right card to make your money work harder for you. Every dollar spent on the right card can go into earning air miles, points or cashback that can be used to offset your next Happy Meal! Don’t have one? Use our comparison tool below to find one that fits your lifestyle and you could even get rewarded with cash or prizes*!
*Rewards may change at any time. Terms and conditions apply.
Read these next:
Best KFC Deals, Rewards, And Coupons For Your Fried Chicken Cravings In Singapore
40+ Hawkers & Restaurants With Free Delivery During COVID-19 Circuit Breaker
Food Delivery Promo Codes 2020: GrabFood, Deliveroo, Foodpanda, WhyQ
Best Halal Food Delivery In Singapore
8 Kid-Friendly Restaurants With Entertainment
By Geralyne Ong
A lover of gin and all things Nigella Lawson, Geralyne’s a big believer of #Adulting. She spends her leisure time serving fur-babies and doing as many mountain climbers and kettlebell swings as she possibly can.