After a mini hiatus (that caused many of us a minor heart attack), McDonald’s has reopened for delivery, takeaway and drive-through.
Love it or hate it, but you cannot ignore McDonald’s. You’d most likely end up ordering in from here regardless of your mood or occasion. It could be for a quick breakfast with the folks, after a night on the town or simply because you want a box of 20-piece McNuggets and a McFlurry to celebrate singlehood — McDonald’s has always been the go-to. Which is why for many (including us), it felt like the world was caving in when McDonald’s abruptly announced that it was going to close until further notice.
Thankfully, that only lasted a little over 3 weeks (phew!). So if you’re like us and you can’t wait to get your McDonald’s fix, here’s what you need to know about their new opening hours, and how to save on your next McDelivery or GrabFood order.
Last updated on 1 September 2020. McDonald’s promotions and deals are subject to change without prior notice.
Why did McDonald’s decide to close?
Even though they were on the list of essential shops allowed to remain open during the circuit breaker, McDonald’s decided to close on 18 April 2020 as a preventive measure to contain the community spread of COVID-19 and protect their senior staff. This came a few days after five of their employees tested positive for COVID-19.
Has McDonald’s changed their opening hours?
During Phase 2 of post-Circuit Breaker, most of McDonald’s restaurants (including those which are situated in parks), McCafé counters and dessert kiosks will be open daily from 6am to 12am. McDelivery, GrabFood and selected Drive-Thrus will be open till 2am.
Dining-in at your favourite McDonald’s is now possible. In accordance to social distancing guidelines, during your next visit you will find that tables have been placed 1-meter apart, seats are marked and protective shields have been installed at the front counter.
Any other changes?
Yes, just one more. McDelivery will now be 100% contactless and will not be accepting cash upon delivery. Instead, it will only be accepting cashless payments like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, NETS, NETS Flashpay, EZ Link, Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
Current McDonald’s promotions and new menu items
- More breakfast options with 2 new additions to McDonald’s Grab & Go menu. Get the new Chicken Muffin or Sausage McMuffin paired with a cup of coffee, for only $3. Only available during breakfast hours at restaurants.
- A seasonal menu item, Spicy Chicken McNuggets are available in boxes of 6, 9 and 20 or as part of a Happy Sharing Box.
- Move over Fillet-o-Fish, because the Sweet Chilli Fish Burger is here. Crunchy battered fish fillet is nestled between a sandwich bun and topped with sweet chilli mayo, what can possibly go wrong? Available as a bundled meal, Extra Value Meal or a la carte item, and for a limited time only.
- If you’re not in the mood for burgers, there’s also crunchy Fish & Fries (McDonald’s version of the classic fish & chips). Served piping hot and with tartar sauce, they are available as a bundled meal, Extra Value Meal or a la carte item, and for a limited time only.
- Pair your favourite McDonald’s coffee with the new Chocolate Melts at McCafe. Think sweet and soft bread drizzled with melty milk chocolate (yum!).
- Catch your favourite cartoon character from Despicable Me at McDonald’s from September 3 onwards. Not exactly in-person, but in the form of tasty Minion-shaped potatoes that are priced at an affordable $2 for 6 pieces.
- Looking for something sweet? Then you might want to give McDonald’s seasonal Yuzu Cream Cheese Pie ($1.50), Yuzu McFizz or Melon Waffle Cone ($2) a try. Available from September 3 onwards.
How much does a McDonald’s Extra Value Meal cost now?
No, you’re not wrong. Over the years, their prices have increased considerably. Remember not so long ago, double cheeseburgers would come for a mere $2? Fast forward to 2020, a regular cheeseburger on McDelivery costs $3.20 — almost twice the price!
Apart from the overall price increase, how much each meal costs also depends on whether you are ordering at a restaurant or on McDelivery. At restaurants, you will still find the budget-friendly $5 McChicken and Filet-O-Fish Extra Value Meals hidden behind main menu items.
For those ordering on McDelivery, the cheapest meal you can find is a McChicken Extra Value Meal, which is priced at $5.95 and the most expensive, an Angus BLT Extra Value Meal, which would set you back by a whopping $9.80. Oh, and this doesn’t even include the $4.00 delivery charge.
Are there any other ways to save on my McDonald’s order?
You can save on your next McDonald’s order with My McDonald’s mobile app or placing your order on GrabFood and paying for your order with the right credit card.
My McDonald’s mobile app
Download the My McDonald’s mobile app and register for an account to get access to daily in-store deals and promotions. They include 4 pieces of McNuggets for $1 on Mondays, McFlurry for $2 on Tuesdays, McWings at 50% off on Wednesdays, 2 desserts for $2 on Thursdays and 2 Frappes for $5 on Fridays.
McDonald’s x GrabFood
GrabFood has its own set of monthly promo codes that gives you a discount on your entire bill. Your savings could range from $3 to $8, depending on your user type (new or existing) and how much your total bill is.
While you are ordering up a storm on McDonald’s, don’t forget to swipe it on the right card to make your money work harder for you. Every dollar spent on the right card can go into earning air miles, points or cashback that can be used to offset your next Happy Meal! Don’t have one? Use our comparison tool below to find one that fits your lifestyle and you could even get rewarded with cash or prizes*!
*Rewards may change at any time. Terms and conditions apply.
Read these next:
Essential Shops Open During COVID-19 Circuit Breaker
40+ Hawkers & Restaurants With Free Delivery During COVID-19 Circuit Breaker
Food Delivery Promo Codes 2020: GrabFood, Deliveroo, Foodpanda, WhyQ
Best Halal Food Delivery In Singapore
Bubble Tea Shops Open For Delivery During Extended Circuit Breaker
By Geralyne Ong
A lover of gin and all things Nigella Lawson, Geralyne’s a big believer of #Adulting. She spends her leisure time serving fur-babies and doing as many mountain climbers and kettlebell swings as she possibly can.