As the largest bank in Singapore, DBS/POSB offers a great range of credit cards, so here are some of DBS/POSB credit cards worth your salt.
Whether it's miles or cashback you're looking for, DBS/POSB has a credit card for different reward types, lifestyle, and habits. From the DBS Woman's World Card to the POSB Everyday Card, here’s a look at some DBS/POSB cards to consider adding to your wallet.
DBS/POSB Credit Card Welcome Gift: Receive S$250 cashback or up to 60,000 miles when you apply for select DBS credit cards and fulfil the relevant promotion criteria. T&Cs apply.
Why use a DBS/POSB credit card?
Regardless of which DBS/POSB credit card to choose, there are perks you can enjoy as a DBS/POSB credit card holder.
- Enjoy promotions and deals on DBS PayLah! app: More than just a digital wallet, check out special promotions and deals available on the DBS PayLah! app.
- Earn higher interest rates on your DBS Multiplier account: If you have a DBS Multiplier account, or if you have plans to open one, you can earn up to 4.10% p.a. on your savings. The interest you earn would depend on the number categories you transact in, spending, and salary crediting.
- Rewards that range from movie tickets to cash vouchers: If you earn DBS Points instead of cashback, you can exchange DBS Points for a variety of rewards.
- Keep track of your expenses by category: With the DBS NAV Planner, you get a breakdown of your finances, including your emergency savings, investments and how much you are spending each month on your credit card based on categories such as dining, transportation, shopping etc.
Types of DBS/POSB credit cards
Miles credit cards
When choosing a miles credit card for DBS, the biggest differentiating factor is how you intend to spend on the credit card. Will you be spending more on online purchases, or do you have plans to spend it on travel in the future?
Here’s a look at three miles credit cards DBS has to offer.
If you can’t decide between the cards, you can always apply for more than one credit card. Whip out the DBS Woman’s World Card when making an online purchase and use the DBS Altitude for all other spend.
If you have trouble meeting the minimum annual income required for DBS Woman’s World Card, you can consider other cards such as the Citi Rewards card or the OCBC Titanium that both give 4 mpd for online purchases as well.
Cashback credit cards
With a cashback card, you get a percentage of cashback into your credit card when you spend. These cash rebates can be used to offset your next bill payment.
Here are the three cashback credit cards DBS/POSB has that are both offering higher cashback rates for online spend.
Both DBS Live Fresh and POSB Everyday cards offer different types of cashback based on your lifestyle habits.
DBS Live Fresh
The DBS Live Fresh Card has a more simple cashback mechanic:
- Up to 5% cashback on online transactions
- Up to 5% cashback on Visa contactless spend
- Extra 5% Green cashback on selected green merchants, such as eco-eateries, retailers, and transport services (bus/MRT rides, BlueSG, and more)
- 0.3% cashback on all other spend
|Cashback||Monthly cap on cashback|
|Additional 5% cashback on sustainable spend||S$15|
|Up to 5% cashback on online spend||S$20|
|Up to 5% cashback on Visa contactless spend||S$20|
|0.3% cashback on all other spend||S$20|
The cashback is capped at S$75 per month, with a minimum spend of S$600 every month (otherwise 0.3% cashback). You can view the full cashback T&Cs here.
POSB Everyday Card
The POSB Everyday Card is one of the most versatile credit cards around, offering cash rebates on categories such as groceries, transport/petrol, telecommunications, dining, shopping, utilities, and more.
In particular, if you own a car, the POSB Everyday card can help you to save up to 20.1% of your petrol spend when you pump at SPC. You can also use it to pay for your utility bills and get up to 3% cash rebate.
You can enjoy cash rebates for the following categories without any minimum spend:
- 5% cash rebates at Sheng Siong, capped at Daily$30 per month
- Up to 3% cash rebates on utility bills, capped at Daily$3 per month
- Up to 20.1% cash rebates on fuel at SPC and 2% cash rebates at SpeedyCare, no monthly cap imposed
- Up to 3% cash rebates at Pet Lovers Centre (min. S$15 spend), no monthly cap imposed
- 0.3% cash rebate on all other spend
However, with a minimum spend of S$800 per month, you stand to enjoy more cash rebates:
- 10% cash rebates on online food delivery at foodpanda, Deliveroo, and WhyQ; 3% cash rebates on all other dining spend
- Capped at Daily$15 per month
- 5% cash rebates on online shopping at Amazon.sg, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee; 8% cash rebates at POPULAR and POPULAR online store
- Capped at Daily$15 per month
- 3% cash rebates on recurring telco bills, capped at Daily$3 per month
- Earn 1.80% p.a. or more with DBS Multiplier Account when you credit your salary and spend on your card
SAFRA DBS Card
Whil the main benefit of having this card is you have access to club facilities across seven SAFRA Clubhouses, SAFRA members can choose to add the SAFRA DBS card to their wallet to enjoy up to 3% cash rebate on local contactless spend and online shopping, including SimplyGo rides. You'll earn 0.3% cash rebate on all other retail transactions.
Additionally, you'll also enjoy exclusive discounts and perks at over 1,800 merchants outlets.
POSB Everyday Card Review (2023): Will This Be Your Favourite Card?
DBS/POSB Credit Card Promotions & Deals (November 2023)
Best Credit Cards For Mobile Wallet Payments (2023)
8 DBS Cards That Every Miles Chaser Should Consider
Save Money On Daily Essentials With This One Card
Best DBS/POSB Credit Cards in Singapore (2023)
Credit Card Comparison: DBS Live Fresh vs UOB EVOL vs OCBC FRANK
Credit Card Welcome Offer: A Comparison of The Best Gifts